First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mind telling me how you have your software updates configured? Still waiting for my blue cruise maps to update.
Not entirely sure what you mean but I have auto updates on and scheduled for 12AM every day
What version were you on before?
The one with the dual phones.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Still on 3.5.4 since 11/2. I was looking forward to the update that allows use of the knob for the climate. Has anyone got that yet?

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Still on 3.5.4 since 11/2. I was looking forward to the update that allows use of the knob for the climate. Has anyone got that yet?
I’m right there with you. Not sure why it won’t update.

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It would be nice if they would maybe use the Early Access for Lightning owners now too. Or if the MachE guys have it tested, just get it rolling. There must still have issues however.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I hope Ford figures out this whole software OTA for the 2nd Gen Lightning and Mach-E’s. There is no reason why everyone should have the same versions within 2 weeks of each other. Still on 3.4.X here.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I hope Ford figures out this whole software OTA for the 2nd Gen Lightning and Mach-E’s. There is no reason why everyone should have the same versions within 2 weeks of each other. Still on 3.4.X here.
I don't disagree, but I will say this, the master of car infrastructure and SW updates and roll outs is Tesla and they also keep their versions strung out across the spectrum.

Ford must completely redesign and drop their 100 modules in the truck that each have software. That becomes a nightmare. They need central powerful computers to do the work and then nothing more than switches and sensors through out the vehicle. This is also the only way forward for older vehicles. You can take a 10 year old car and make it new again by updating one or two main computers vs 100 of them throughout the vehicle.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just got off chat on Ford Pass with a Rep, she sent me to a link to input my VIN. Updates are available (SYNC and Power Up) but it also says I don’t need to do anything at this time lol…… the Rep said she will look into why the update hasn’t been pushed, but it is available for my VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It would be nice if they would maybe use the Early Access for Lightning owners now too. Or if the MachE guys have it tested, just get it rolling. There must still have issues however.
Both my Lightning and Mach-E are registered for the EA program.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 3.5.5 DTE IMPROVEMENT Screenshot_20230104_175254

Sponsored

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got off chat on Ford Pass with a Rep, she sent me to a link to input my VIN. Updates are available (SYNC and Power Up) but it also says I don’t need to do anything at this time lol…… the Rep said she will look into why the update hasn’t been pushed, but it is available for my VIN.
What’s the website you used to put it in?

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
I just got 3.5.5. Refuses to update though after a dozen tries. Just says preparing, reboots like 3x and zippo. Plugged it in, same result. It never applies.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I just got 3.5.5. Refuses to update though after a dozen tries. Just says preparing, reboots like 3x and zippo. Plugged it in, same result. It never applies.
Try setting ur auto update time to be during a long charge session. For example if you're at 30% and you set it to 90% charge, have the update auto occur around the 80% mark. estimate it. good luck

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Is there any way to update to 3.5.5 without leaving the truck at the dealer?

Bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
So I just got pushed 3.5.5 yesterday, tried “update now” about 10 times when I got home, all of which failed until I called Ford Pass who pushed me to an OTA rep who said that the preconditions that I wasn’t meeting were: headlights off (switch to off position), parking brake on, AND the truck had to have been running for at least 30 minutes prior to hitting the “update now” button and turning the truck off. It doesn’t have to have been driven for 30 minutes, just on and running. So I left it on for 30 minutes in the garage (turn off the 30 min shutdown timer so that it doesn’t auto shutoff on you…) and tried the update and it went through no problem.
Sponsored