Ford sign on front grill

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I think I found it. You had one too many 4's.

NU5Z-9942528-B

It seems it's not an Explorer part, but the badge on the gas platinum truck with the Black Pack.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sign on front grill name plate.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Show us the tailgate badge please. And a part number would be nice.
I just replaced mine with the Black Oval smoke chrome finish for the 2020 ICE 150. And on the tailgate went with the same black oval smoke chrome off the explorer they both fit perfectly, the camera mount for the front oval took a bit of modification, it needed a 1/4" spacer, I 3d printed and glued in place with plastic weld. Love the look. It's now in the paint shop getting the full grill painted with the same colour and black across the bars. I'll post pics Weds when I get it back.

IMG_20230205_1206558.jpg
how hard is it to remove the “grill”? I want to paint my grill same as yours.

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 edition
Occupation
Network Engineer
how hard is it to remove the “grill”? I want to paint my grill same as yours.
It's really easy. There are 5 pop outs on each side, then the 6 screws holding the grill on. It will pop off, don't worry it won't fall of there are 4 clips holding it. Carefully pull the grill forward and disconnect the button, camera, mine doesn't have the washer hose. Check this video, you don't have to do it all unless you're hookup up a light "black oval" you can just do the steps from time 1:35 to 1:52 and 2:19 to 2:30 and 3:45 to 4:00. . Total time is about 10 - 15 mins. From 4:00 to 4:20 will show you how to remove the "blue oval"

There's not video for removing the frunk push button, first remove the 2 small screws, you'll see them on the inside of the grill , be really careful not to strip the screw heads, one is at a really bad angle then there are 4 ears to push back carefully and it will pop out.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Here's my almost complete blackout. Just had the gril painted this week to match the truck.

IMG_20230301_0953112.jpg

IMG_20230301_0953254.jpg
That looks great. I don't think I'd get as good of an effect with my antimatter blue, it is too dark overall. I still want to do something with it, I guess I would try to do AMB and maybe the darker color than the current gray would look better still.

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 edition
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks. The Explorer part doesn't show up in the system. I'll have to do some digging.
I'm in Canada, I'm not sure, maybe that's the reason for it not showing up. Ford does tweak a few things between countries. IE: my lightning doesn't have the Lightning/flag emblem on the lower right side of the tail gate.

When you get the "black oval" for the explorer, it will have a few extra clips on the back side, I carefully cut them off with a Dremel. The two main posts for lining up the emblem should be left in place and they are perfectly placed. There are clips on your old badge I put on the clips on the new badge. That takes some fringing around. The new emblem comes with adhesive already on it, so that would probably hold the emblem on it's own. I just wanted the extra security of the clips.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
It's really easy. There are 5 pop outs on each side, then the 6 screws holding the grill on. It will pop off, don't worry it won't fall of there are 4 clips holding it. Carefully pull the grill forward and disconnect the button, camera, mine doesn't have the washer hose. Check this video, you don't have to do it all unless you're hookup up a light "black oval" you can just do the steps from time 1:35 to 1:52 and 2:19 to 2:30 and 3:45 to 4:00. . Total time is about 10 - 15 mins. From 4:00 to 4:20 will show you how to remove the "blue oval"

There's not video for removing the frunk push button, first remove the 2 small screws, you'll see them on the inside of the grill , be really careful not to strip the screw heads, one is at a really bad angle then there are 4 ears to push back carefully and it will pop out.
Thanks for the help!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For anybody that is looking at picking up the name plate, part number NU5Z-9942528-B, it is currently on national backorder with no estimated delivery date.

Also, according to parts counter person at my dealer, it's not an Explorer part. It is the name plate on the Platinum tailgate for an ICE truck with the Black Pack.

Gonzales34

First Name
Altar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
What about the side of the bed LIGHTNING letterings. Do you have a part number for that

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sign on front grill IMG_6081

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
What about the side of the bed LIGHTNING letterings. Do you have a part number for that

IMG_6081.jpeg
Someone here with an OW has been successful using Plastidip for blacking out this one.
Sponsored