• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordConnect Access

bot2600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
I am trying to use the FordConnect APIs from here to make an alternative to the FordPass app as for my needs it is just missing too many things/too unperformant. I sent a request to get an application-id via contact us a couple weeks ago and again this week but am just getting ghosted. Does anyone know of a better contact method to reach out to this team?

Thanks!
Bob
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Best of luck - would love some good 3rd party apps. A couple of guys are trying over on the f150gen14 site. They've basically given up. Ford keeps changing security on them. The API is short of worthless and slow anyway. Oh how I want my Ford to have Tesla technology in it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford data security staff must be laughing at the handle noted here, hopefully you didn't use it in professional contacts!!

OP
OP

bot2600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Best of luck - would love some good 3rd party apps. A couple of guys are trying over on the f150gen14 site. They've basically given up. Ford keeps changing security on them. The API is short of worthless and slow anyway. Oh how I want my Ford to have Tesla technology in it.
I was originally just using the auth from my fordpass until I saw the thread of people's accounts getting locked so I would like to switch over. There are a lots of "car things" that I think the lightning does better than Tesla, but I agree, having Ford Pass (and most of the software on the big touch screen) be more like Tesla's offering would be a amazing. If I can get a access to the api I'll definitely do what I can to make a nice open source mobile offering. I was thinking about naming it `Not FordPass`...I am not if/what an application id costs but as long as its reasonable, for selfish reasons I would pay for it just so I don't have to use the ford app. I swear the one I used in 2017 on my Focus EV was better than what it is now...

Sponsored
OP
OP

bot2600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored