Sponsored

Frunk envy

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk envy 1000011652

Looks the scout frunk may actually be better than the Lightning's.
Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I'm not envious, it looks only half as deep as what I have today.

That said, I did reserve one. :LOL:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
I looked at reserving one. Then I saw that it's 91.6 inches wide--nearly a foot wider than the LIghtning. And nearly two feet wider than the original Scout. That's not a Scout. That's a Scout and a half smooshed together. No, thanks.

Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk envy traveler-dimensions-desktop.BVEC2hc8_fMrU2

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
I looked at reserving one. Then I saw that it's 91.6 inches wide--nearly a foot wider than the LIghtning. And nearly two feet wider than the original Scout. That's not a Scout. That's a Scout and a half smooshed together. No, thanks.

traveler-dimensions-desktop.BVEC2hc8_fMrU2.jpg
I was concerned about that at first but I'm not certain how accurate the diagrams are. From the pictures of the of demo vehicles it appears that the mirrors extend past the body like they do on the Lightning which is 96" including mirrors.

Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk envy 1729829443151-ks

Its all hypothetical at this point. Looking forward to sitting in one in a few years :)

Last edited:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
I was concerned about that at first but I'm not certain how accurate the diagrams are. From the pictures of the of demo vehicles it appears that the mirrors extend past the body like they do on the Lightning which is 96" including mirrors.

1729829443151-ks.jpg

Its all hypothetical at this point. Looking forward to sitting in one is few years :)
Sure, it's not at all clear what's real--most of the graphics and videos they have online are clearly computer generated. The reveal had some very weird camera angles and aperture settings. But at one point the presenter stood next to the pickup and the bed was up to his underarms--and to me he looked tall in most of the shots.

Anyway, that diagram on their official page is enough to stop me from putting in a reservation. I'd like to see a 74" or skinnier EV, not a 92" wide vehicle.
Sponsored