First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Paint-Drying Observer
We're currently prepping my in-laws' house for sale after my MIL passed away, and anyone who has done it can attest that a lot of trips to goodwill and the dump are involved. We've done many and are now at the point where the house is on the market.

Yesterday some prospective buyers had an appointment to see the house, so we loaded up the truck and trailer to move out another load of stuff and take about an hour to dispose of it and "be gone" while they looked around the house.

When we came back, we found the road blocked with two trees (was fine an hour earlier when we left). The Hurricane Helene damage is to the south of us, but we've had several weeks with a lot of rain that started with TS Debby remnants a few weeks ago and just kept going, and when the ground is really wet and soft it doesn't take as much wind (was only about 10-20mph yesterday) for this to happen.

The guy in the first pic was not from our neighborhood and was blocked in, so he said he has a monster chainsaw that would make quick work of this, but it was back at his farm a few miles away.

Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk's Handiness Saves The Day IMG_6143

That's where the handiness of the frunk comes in, as I normally keep it stocked with a few common items like tie-downs, a socket set, portable charger, bottle jack, cordless drill, extension cord, and.... a chainsaw!
Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk's Handiness Saves The Day IMG_9771

We got things cleared within 10 minutes (see the opened frunk in the background) since I was cutting and the two other guys were clearing.
Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk's Handiness Saves The Day IMG_6144

Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk's Handiness Saves The Day IMG_6145

The prospective house buyers were also stuck behind the fallen trees and once they were on the way they told their agent that they loved the house and especially loved the way the community came together to get those trees cleared so quickly (was like a "cue the deer" moment from the Funny Farm movie), and they're now under contract to buy the house.
Sponsored

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
Love it when a plan comes together !

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
We're currently prepping my in-laws' house for sale after my MIL passed away, and anyone who has done it can attest that a lot of trips to goodwill and the dump are involved. We've done many and are now at the point where the house is on the market.

Yesterday some prospective buyers had an appointment to see the house, so we loaded up the truck and trailer to move out another load of stuff and take about an hour to dispose of it and "be gone" while they looked around the house.

When we came back, we found the road blocked with two trees (was fine an hour earlier when we left). The Hurricane Helene damage is to the south of us, but we've had several weeks with a lot of rain that started with TS Debby remnants a few weeks ago and just kept going, and when the ground is really wet and soft it doesn't take as much wind (was only about 10-20mph yesterday) for this to happen.

The guy in the first pic was not from our neighborhood and was blocked in, so he said he has a monster chainsaw that would make quick work of this, but it was back at his farm a few miles away.

IMG_6143.jpg

That's where the handiness of the frunk comes in, as I normally keep it stocked with a few common items like tie-downs, a socket set, portable charger, bottle jack, cordless drill, extension cord, and.... a chainsaw!
IMG_9771.jpg

We got things cleared within 10 minutes (see the opened frunk in the background) since I was cutting and the two other guys were clearing.
IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

The prospective house buyers were also stuck behind the fallen trees and once they were on the way they told their agent that they loved the house and especially loved the way the community came together to get those trees cleared so quickly (was like a "cue the deer" moment from the Funny Farm movie), and they're now under contract to buy the house.
That's awesome, Jeff! The F-150 Lightning was designed for whatever life had in store, glad to see it at work! Thanks for sharing.

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
Helluva truck. I'm sad to hear you lost your loved ones.
We're just outside Asheville, and it's been a lifesaver indeed. The entire neighborhood used it in some way.
We're taking water into town for friends today, with no worries about the endless line gasOline...
Sponsored