Sponsored

Georgia - Hurricane Helene

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
How many of you on here are using your lightning to power your house after the aftermath of Hurricane Helene?
I've been using mine since Friday powering the whole house through the back 30 amp plug. I have to do some load sharing to use the water heater, the well pump, and the 3 ton a/c with soft start, but everything else runs with no issue. We have my wife's dad there which requires oxygen 24/7. The truck has been pulling about 1% per hour average. The closest supercharger is around 30 miles one way, so I get about 72 hours of home backup before going to charge. The truck has been a lifesaver.
Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Similar situation. I’m down near Adel and work in Hahira. We (my partner and I with our four dogs plus my mom and her two dogs) used my workplace to ride out the storm with a few other work families. I used the 110 outlets from the truck parked in the garage to make sure every section of the building had power and started using the truck Wednesday night.

Arrived home Thursday to find both houses relatively undamaged (thank goodness) and put temp window units in at both houses. Still no power at home and I’ve been running them nonstop for a week as of today.

I too found I could run the well and have done that to make sure we have water to flush the toilets. It’s been very much like being in a strange hotel with no water.

I can go about 40 hours before I need to drive 25 miles and charge back up to 80% - 90% and start the whole process over.

The Lightning has been a lifesaver. I fretted over the expense somewhat back in 2022 when I bought it, but it’s proven itself again and again with all these storms. More fully integrating into my house is definitely on the list once we make it through this hurricane season.

Thank you Ford for making an incredible truck that’s puts usability first. The Lightning is everything an electric vehicle should be and much, much more.

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
How many of you on here are using your lightning to power your house after the aftermath of Hurricane Helene?
I've been using mine since Friday powering the whole house through the back 30 amp plug. I have to do some load sharing to use the water heater, the well pump, and the 3 ton a/c with soft start, but everything else runs with no issue. We have my wife's dad there which requires oxygen 24/7. The truck has been pulling about 1% per hour average. The closest supercharger is around 30 miles one way, so I get about 72 hours of home backup before going to charge. The truck has been a lifesaver.
Up here in the Asheville environs.
We have power back but yeah, powered ours and our neighbors' three houses basics for a few days. It was perfect.

Lightning_GA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Automotive Eng
We lost power last week for about 4.5 days. Powered my house basics easily using Pro power during the whole outage. First 36 hrs powered the fridge and freezers of 4 houses with extension cords until my neighbors got setup with generators or moved their important foods.

Had to drive for one fast charge 40 miles due to high loads in the beginning and not charging truck fully the night before.

Really nice experience and much easier then all the generators around.
Sponsored