Getting My Lightning Repaired Takes A Really Really Really Long Time

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
When I went to pick up my truck in September, I was saddened to find out that the front headlight, bumper, and panel over the front passenger wheel were all smashed and missing paint. I guess it smashed into something on the train. I took delivery of it anyway because the headlight was still functional and so were the sensors. I made sure it was in the sales paperwork that the damage would be fixed.

The dealership ordered the parts and filled out whatever paperwork is needed for transit damage. Then they never call me to schedule the appointment when the parts arrived. So I eventually call them in late November and they schedule me have the body shop repair the truck in early January. Wouldn't you know that come that day, I forget to go in and drive to work instead. Stupid me. I called the next day and they said they couldn't get me back on the schedule until February 15th. This time I didn't forget to bring it in.

After they've had it for a week and a half, I call in to get an update. It turns out that after they took it apart, there were brackets inside that were smashed up and they hadn't ordered them. So we wait another week for those to arrive. When they do, they go to reassemble my truck (after painting the new bumper and grill) and they open the headlight box for the first time. Turns out it was damaged by the the carrier 3 months ago. They go to order another one and Ford has them on backorder due to a supplier problem.

So they're reassembling my truck with a damaged headlight so that they can give it back. There is no estimate on when Ford will be able to fulfill the headlight order. So 6 months after taking possession of an $80k truck, I'll still be driving around with damage from delivery. Thanks for listening to me complain about my first world problems.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
You have just underscored my biggest fear.

My ICE F-150 spent over 4 months at my local dealership a while back, and I lost an entire season of outdoor activities because I didn’t have my truck.

Dealerships take way too long to handle repairs, especially with the supply chain problems that never seem to end. While I was waiting over 4 months, they had other trucks on their lot for well over 6 months.

It’s hard enough getting an ICE truck fixed. I hope things speed up for you.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
This is often the story with vehicles that are new. I had a smart for two that was damaged less than a year after they were being sold in the USA. Had to wait for parts to be shipped from France.

My brother works at a body shop and he's told me that there have been vehicles over the past couple of years that have been totalled by the insurance not because of the damage, but because parts were not available. The insurance company didn't want to pay for a rental car for months on end so they just totalled the vehicle.

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat Lighting
Occupation
Firefighter
Lemon law it! Get out now.
Sponsored