• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clock not keeping time

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I've reported it a couple times VIA the truck SYNC screen, I fear this issue is on the low priority task list.
You know how to make it a higher priority? Keep complaining. And have everyone it happens to keep complaining.

I work in software QA and I know there's going to be bugs, but the infotainment system not holding settings through a restart is pretty egregious.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone having any issues with the clock not keeping time on their lightning? I have reset it to the proper time and to no avail it was off again the next day.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine seems to keep the time, however, I use the 24 hour clock and for whatever reason every time I start the truck it reverts back to a 12 hour clock even though the toggle switch is still set on 24 hour clock. If I toggle from from 24, to 12 hour back to 24…then it will go back to a 24 hour clock. But, the next time I start the truck, it will revert again to the 12hr clock. It’s a weird bug. I’m wondering if there’s other bugs in the clock?
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding this clock concern.

ranger5ft21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
off by a few hours
I had this issue when I tried to set the clock 10 mins ahead (if I'm on time according to my truck, I'm early). When I set the minutes in the future, for some reason, after a little time passed, the entire clock jumped to a random time hours and minutes off.

I just reset it to normal time, turned automatic update on and the time says the current time instead of being fast.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
@Ford Motor Company - Do you want my information as well since my clock does not keep the 24-hour setting?

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
@Ford Motor Company - Do you want my information as well since my clock does not keep the 24-hour setting?
I didn't wait for them to ask...just submitted my information. As a former military, I hate 12-hour clocks!

OP
OP

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone having any issues with the clock not keeping time on their lightning? I have reset it to the proper time and to no avail it was off again the next day.
MY bad for not noticing. I did not have the auto time zone setting selected and since I did turn it on it has been keeping the correct time.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Being a retired systems engineer, I'm having a hard time understanding how this can even happen. I certainly hope that the whole system has an internal clock against which all events, functionality, and logging are synchronized. Seems it would be impossible for the systems to function otherwise. So how is it that something as simple as a clock display isn't synchronized to the central CPU?!!

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I messaged @Ford Motor Company about my clock not staying on 24-hour time and they were very helpful in letting me know that I have an outstanding recall on the windshield wiper motors, which was inspected (and passed) by my dealer when I was in for another problem (front sensor alarming, which they could not reproduce but I got it immediately driving off the lot :rolleyes: )

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I messaged @Ford Motor Company about my clock not staying on 24-hour time and they were very helpful in letting me know that I have an outstanding recall on the windshield wiper motors, which was inspected (and passed) by my dealer when I was in for another problem (front sensor alarming, which they could not reproduce but I got it immediately driving off the lot :rolleyes: )
So the recall didn't get cleared from your VIN and then when the agent pulled up your VIN they see the recall highlighted. No matter what you call about they will tell you about all open recalls because it's just another way to ensure due diligence in notifying the customer.

Regarding the 24-hour time clock, it is getting investigated, mainly as a result of people highlighting the issue on here as well as some through the voice feedback feature in Sync.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My clock does the same thing. I have it set to AUTOMATIC UPDATE but a week later, it's always 20 to 30 seconds slower than what it set itself to.

It's very frustrating after paying $95K. :unsure:
Sponsored