Sponsored

Gonna wait for 2nd generation

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I’d recommend all current reservation holders (especially those that already own a Ford vehicle) step aside for first-time Ford buyers. Thank you(y)
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: TRP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I’d recommend all current reservation holders (especially those that already own a Ford vehicle) step aside for first-time Ford buyers. Thank you(y)
It would be interesting to see how many people buying Lightnings will be new to Ford. I think they said something like 70% of mach-e buyers are new to Ford.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would be interesting to see how many people buying Lightnings will be new to Ford. I think they said something like 70% of mach-e buyers are new to Ford.
I’ve been in very few trucks, let alone driven any, until I had to borrow a neighbor’s F-150 XLT (with 230,000 miles and a clunky transmission) to pick up some furniture. I was blown away by how comfortable it was. I’m 7 feet tall with 4 school-aged kids so I’ve been in the market for vans because they fit me better than most vehicles; however, for whatever reason headroom and visibility is subpar on the newest models. The Lightning would fit 5, right? This is pushing it for my needs, but I’ve been dad-van’ing it for years and I want something with more muscle, something that reminds me I used to be a man once, long ago LOL and something that is comfortable for ME. Enough compromises already. We can use our Telluride for family trips and the Lightning for the ol’ school shuffle.

…so ya, drop those reservations my dudes.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
My first car in 1990 was a used '83 Mercury Capri, but for all intents and purposes I'll be a first-time Ford buyer with the Lightning.

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
Hahahahahahahahaha, bump your head much? ? I've been driving Fords for over 40 years and have no plans to stop ESPECIALLY now. :cool:

Sponsored

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wish reservations were transferable, hate to see those early time stamps go to waste:unsure:

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
I wish reservations were transferable, hate to see those early time stamps go to waste:unsure:
They’re not going to waste; they’re getting out of the way so the rest of us can move forward in line.

If Ford allowed transfers people would be selling their reservations for pretty good money. Money that Ford would get none of. They’d much rather reward those of us who were there in the beginning by allowing attrition to make us happier.
Sponsored