• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to get rid of phantom update notifications?

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Is there something I can do with FORScan or FDRS that will stop my truck from taunting me with these fake update notifications? They go away on next key cycle of the truck but they come back again and again.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is there something I can do with FORScan or FDRS that will stop my truck from taunting me with these fake update notifications? They go away on next key cycle of the truck but they come back again and again.
Try rebooting the APIM, GWM and TCU with FORScan. If it doesn't make it go away, it certainly won't hurt anything.

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Try rebooting the APIM, GWM and TCU with FORScan. If it doesn't make it go away, it certainly won't hurt anything.
Iā€™ll give that a shot the next time I buy a 2-day license to update things. Do you know if FORScan can reboot modules as well?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Iā€™ll give that a shot the next time I buy a 2-day license to update things. Do you know if FORScan can reboot modules as well?
Yes, I mentioned FORScan. No need for FDRS for that. You do it from the wrench icon menu in FORScan.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately the reset didnā€™t help. It worked for about a week and then the phantom notifications came back.

Must be a bug in the Sync software or something.

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I have had this happen for 3-4 days straight 3 times. The last time I used the voice feedback on the truck to tell them that I was getting phantom notifications and then I got an actual update a couple days later. Not sure if it was coincidence or not since Ford does not communicate well about how updates happen. Still waiting on 6.5 and 6.8...

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Part of me wonders if they are not phantom update notifications but Ford sending the update I already have installed.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Unfortunately the reset didnā€™t help. It worked for about a week and then the phantom notifications came back.

Must be a bug in the Sync software or something.
If you have FORScan, try rebooting the GWM and TCU.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Tried all 3 - APIM, TCU, GWM. No dice.
I'm out of ideas. The only other thing I can think of is doing a network scan with FDRS to sync the truck up with the server, but that may not work either, so not worth spending the $50 to try it.
Sponsored