First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
So now that Juicebox pretty much bailed on Supporting North America, I needed a way to track my Electrical usage so I can separate home from truck/ Business.

Inexpensive ($28.00) Amazon device that I quickly wired up and tested.

DROK AC Multimeter, 50-300V 0-100A with Open Transformer 110V 220V Voltage Current Power Electric Energy Monitor, Ampmeter Voltmeter LCD Screen for Home-use https://a.co/d/bFKOGHX

Works with 240 , 2 wire, plus the additional 2 wires for the pickup transformer.. total of 4 - small gauge wires. I used 18 gauge as the pickup transformer is a very short pigtail that I extended.

I cut out a single gang Decora rectangular switch plate to allow for a simple snap in mounting to the plate and then the plate into a plastic single gang electrical box. Snapped the pick up transformer around only 1 of the 120 v legs and wired the 2 -120 legs 18 gauge, piggy backed onto the back of the #6 gauge wires. The single wire pickup actually calculated the total kw load.

Displays 8 different fields. The most important being the total accumilated kwh's that I can resetas needed. Of course the voltage, current draw, amps , watts, kw, cycles, Power factor and total running time, along with a temperature probe that I tucked into the 50 amp disconnect. It doesn't appear that I can change it from centigrade to Fahrenheit, but as long as it doesn't rise too far from the initial temperature, I'm not that concerned.

I've used it for 1 partial overnight charge and my numbers match the juicebox 40 amp rating.

12 minutes into my charging session, the numbers all look good and similar to what the 40amp juicebax is rated for.

Rick

Ford F-150 Lightning Juice Box App work around using inexpensive ($28.00) Amazon device 1000009122
Ford F-150 Lightning Juice Box App work around using inexpensive ($28.00) Amazon device 1000009121
Ford F-150 Lightning Juice Box App work around using inexpensive ($28.00) Amazon device 1000009119
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Well, nice enough for tracking usage. But not really a work around for TOU. Not an issue for Lightning owners, as you can program your truck. But there are earlier vehicles that are much less flexible. My Leaf is one.
Sponsored