• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KO2 Tire Pressure

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
What tire pressure would you use with T/A KO2 tires on pavement? 275/60R20 119S

Costco used 48 psi at install with a window sticker recommending the same. Reviewing BFGoodrich's tire pressure recommendations, it looks like Ford's 36 psi recommendation maps to a 1,227 lb payload (after accounting for 6,597 lb vehicle empty weight), a significant payload reduction. To maintain the Ford's rated 1,803 lbs payload, these tires should be at 40 psi according to BFGoodrich. So, it makes sense Costco recommends higher... their recommended 48 psi maps to a 2,995 lb payload. Of course these pressures increase a bit at speed. The absolute max of 65 psi correspond to a payload of 5,403 lbs for the tires. The Costco tire guy said you can lower them to ~10 psi on rough forest roads... not sure if I'd go that low. This is the second set of tires where the in-vehicle pressures are reading +3 to 4 psi after Costco's service. I'm not sure where the adjustments are to calibrate the in-vehicle dash pressure reading.

Would the higher pressure of Costco's recommended 48 psi degrade tread wire? I imagine higher pressure will improve mi/kWh efficiency.

These tires have a higher weight rating of 119 than OEM's 116. What's the next component limiting payload?

I have a 12V DC clip-on air compressor, but the DC posts are hidden under plastic. Can anyone recommend a 120V AC air compressor?
Sponsored

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
I’ve run quite a few sets of BFG all terrains on multiple vehicles (most recently an Audi Q7) and I have been looking at them for my Lightning.

I would probably run them at 45 psi for all around driving and to prevent shoulder wearbut that’s my use case and I’m sure other opinions will chime in.
They can be a bit on the noisy side, how do you like them on the lightning ?

OP
OP

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
40 psi cold makes the most sense to maintain the truck's payload capacity. There's additional payload capacity available at higher tire pressures.
Sponsored