First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Folks - I’m looking for a high quality low profile white LED light bar for the roof of my 2023 Lariat. I want it to be no higher than the height of the two antenna cases so that it doesn’t add to the overall height of the truck. I live where parking garages are old with low clearances and, true confession, I’m just not into the tacticool look with lights and other add-on stuff bulging and flexing all over the vehicle. I’ve had no luck finding a product that fits the bill. Any recommendations? Thank you.
Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Finding a low profile lightbar is easy. Rigid Industries radiance series, and Diode Dynamics stage series, and Morimoto 2-banger bars are examples of low profile single-row LED bars. $600-$1000 price tag on these bars. The cheap Amazon brands like Aux Beam are tempting but please remember they are chinesium garbage that will fail.

The complicated parts is now you will need to drill multiple holes in the roof of you $75k truck. If you've done this kind of work before and know what you're getting into, this might be no issues for you. But if you've never done this, now is probably not a good time to learn.

Ditch light pods are a much less intrusive way to mount lights on the front. Diode Dyanmics ditch light brackets are the best. Wiring in the avionics bay behind the frunk is easy to access as well as a grommet through into the cab.

Link in my signature for my thread where I installed these and others.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Can I ask the purpose?

In general good pods are a greatly superior light for most uses.

Light bars have their place but unless it's close in flood lighting for workers, or you are dropping a LOT of money, a few leds with good optics will give you more useful lightning for driving

BTW, if you have not done the glare free lighting it is an AMAZING upgrade.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Concur. One of the things I dislike about roof mounted bars is the light that bounces back in your face off the hood. This is not good for road use since that light hitting your eyes is going to be detrimental. When you turn it off, your eyes will have a hard time coming back to darkness. It's also useless in rain/snow/fog since all the light is bouncing back into your face. This is less of a problem off-road since the bar is basically always on along with lots of other lights.

BTW, if you have not done the glare free lighting it is an AMAZING upgrade.
Yes x10! Worth all the time spent punching in the numbers to Forscan to get it right.
Sponsored