• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning soon to be spying on us . . ?

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Ah . . .but the potential is still there. (I'm NOT a "Negative person" but I don't want to be caught of guard either . . )
The potential is there whether they get a patent for it or not. Throwing the idea in a patent application means nothing.

Ford spying on people's conversations would be one of the worst business decisions ever. The backlash would be overwhelming. And it might not even be legal. The only way I could see them ever getting away with something like this would be if the user opts-in and it would be based on a user-initiated request. For example, "Hey Sync, what restaurants are nearby?" and an ad for Burger King pops up on the screen. Zero chance they will listen in on private conversations.
Sponsored

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Soon? If this is an update it will take years.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The potential is there whether they get a patent for it or not. Throwing the idea in a patent application means nothing.

Ford spying on people's conversations would be one of the worst business decisions ever. The backlash would be overwhelming. And it might not even be legal. The only way I could see them ever getting away with something like this would be if the user opts-in and it would be based on a user-initiated request. For example, "Hey Sync, what restaurants are nearby?" and an ad for Burger King pops up on the screen. Zero chance they will listen in on private conversations.

It does not have to be intentional to be damaging. Data may be collected for analysis to improve software ability to take commands. Then company's servers could be hacked and those conversations stolen. If a senator or NSA contractor conversation was included in there, you may have a national problem Ford did not intend to have. The right way of doing this is not collecting any information you absolutely don't have to have and when you do, have complete transparency. By that, I mean owner of the data having meaningful access (they can have some understanding of what they are looking at) to all data collected by the manufacturer. Having one sentence in a privacy notice saying we can do whatever we want with your data is not enough.
Sponsored