• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Living the charging dream...

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Made it to Hattiesburg MS from Tuscaloosa yesterday, rolled in with 90 miles, after getting a 95% charge at a Tesla station just east of Tuscaloosa. 65 to 67 mph in cruise the entire drive, never any better then 2.1 m/kwh.

Hattiesburg has 2 car dealership, Chevy and GMC with 48kwh charges, so got to 90% today at least it was free if is took over 3 hours. Now have the Lightning behind a restaurant getting a 9kw charge to 100% by 7PM. Mississippi is just a charging hell...
Sponsored

MattXD

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Good to hear a great driving and charging experience.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Drive was great, charging at Tesla was great,charging in MS not so much. I strongly encourage people do your homework, charging hell is still out there and isn't going to all of a sudden dramatically improve.

Future trips that don't need a truck will be ICE.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Drive was great, charging at Tesla was great,charging in MS not so much
If you are/were heading to New Orleans, there's a Magic Dock 75 miles away from Hattiesburg in Pearl River, LA.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I had to go around MS on our trip to Florida last month. MS is a charging desert. But they are working on their plans to subsidize new stations using the federal infrastructure grant money. Specific locations haven't been determined yet but they are planning on following the at least every 50 miles along interstates rule.

I'm a little surprised they aren't just refusing all the fed EV money for political reasons. But it does appear they are going forward with it. It will be slow, the state government recognizes that they know nothing about EVs and EV charging and they have a lot to learn.

My only complaint with the federal infrastructure charging grants is that they only require a minimum of four chargers per station. I'd rather see fewer stations with more chargers. It reduces the chances of a long wait due to a broken charger, slow charging vehicles, people needing a lot of charge, etc.

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Back in AL and at Tesla as it just plugs and works. This is the model the rest need to follow, 8 stations, fast, plug and charge, reduce travel BS as much as possible.
Sponsored