• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Manufacturer Defect or Dealer Disregard

OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager
So..an update...it's taken about a month of emails back and forth, but the original dealer has agreed to reimburse getting the pillars repaired or replaced at the discretion of my local dealer. I'm very happy with his good faith and have to give a shout out to Alpine Ford for being upstanding in that regard. I do have to pay upfront and get reimbursed, but I am still pleased the Sales Manager was accomodating, when he didn't have to be. It's sad to see it's the same for so many others...Ford should look and harder plastic or maybe the matte as one gentleman above had. But I hope to have it fixed soon. Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences!
Sponsored

OP
OP

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
So..an update...it's taken about a month of emails back and forth, but the original dealer has agreed to reimburse getting the pillars repaired or replaced at the discretion of my local dealer. I'm very happy with his good faith and have to give a shout out to Alpine Ford for being upstanding in that regard. I do have to pay upfront and get reimbursed, but I am still pleased the Sales Manager was accomodating, when he didn't have to be. It's sad to see it's the same for so many others...Ford should look and harder plastic or maybe the matte as one gentleman above had. But I hope to have it fixed soon. Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences!
Why is this not covered by warranty? This not the first mistake of this sort that I have seen from an OEM. My three favorites: a). Ford Fairlane front end, Torino rear end; b) Plymouth Duster striping on one side, Dodge Demon striping on the other side; and finally, a Volvo V70 wagon with US spec lights on one side and Euro spec lights on the other. Funny part about the new Volvo was that the Euro light did not work because it did not properly match up to the body control module. I had to tell the service dept that the problem was that the car had a Euro spec light.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I ordered a 2023 Lightning Lariat sight unseen from several states away. I was super excited when I received it to see no major ding, scratches or dents from transport. It arrived about 8:30 PM and it was pouring rain and in the low 40s...so inspection wasn't as thorough as it would have been in normal conditions. The next day when I went to my garage after work to take a better look at the truck, I noticed the plastic around the windows on all 4 doors were scuffed and had swirl marks. I contacted my salesman who said...hey, that's just the cheap plastic Ford uses. It isn't super noticeable in overcast conditions, but in bright light it's very obvious. I can try to fix myself and I know it's not the end of the world...but it's just very disappointing for a vehicle with an $80k MSRP to arrive with blemishes and that to be the response I get. So, just wondering if anyone else had similar issues and if this should be a Dealer issue, Ford issue or I'm just stuck with it. I'm still super happy with the truck, just not the cosmetics of it for something I've owned less than a week and I wasn't even the cause of. Opinions?

Lightning_Door_Frame_Scuffs_Passenger_Side.jpg

Lightning_Door_Frame_Scuffs.jpg
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Would you also kindly follow up here with what you did to assist? You post daily wanting to help, but never any results. Your posts are simple reminders about what we are all coming to dislike about the Blue Oval. You number one concern is money (making the sale). Never about true help or results after the sale.
Sponsored