• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Manufacturing Video

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
I might be late to the party with this but I just found a nice Lightning manufacturing video on YouTube. Maybe you will see your truck being born!!

If this is posted somewhere else already let me know and I will tear down the thread.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
OP
OP

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
Thanks.

I tried to fulfil my promise and tear down the thread but it doesn’t look like I have permissions to do it.

It’s an awesome video though 😁

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know how many lines Ford is currently running? I’m assuming that there is still just one line, that kinda makes sense based on the numbers. 600 F150Ls per week, 120 per day and 15 per hour for a 40 hour per week production rate.

At this rate for a single line a F150L would have to come off the line every 4 minutes. That also means that a F150L could not stay at any one station more than 4 minutes unless there were multiples of individual stations like there is at the charging station.

At this rate Ford can only build about 30k F150L per year. How is Ford going to ramp up to 150K F150Ls per year by the end of 2023? There is no way that I can imagine for Ford to increase production by five times using a single line.

But how many new lines does Ford intend to build? And will they be able to add new lines in the existing building or will they need new space? Construction of these new production lines has to already be well along if they are going to make any kind of significant impact to 2023 production.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Does anyone know how many lines Ford is currently running? I’m assuming that there is still just one line, that kinda makes sense based on the numbers. 600 F150Ls per week, 120 per day and 15 per hour for a 40 hour per week production rate.

At this rate for a single line a F150L would have to come off the line every 4 minutes. That also means that a F150L could not stay at any one station more than 4 minutes unless there were multiples of individual stations like there is at the charging station.

At this rate Ford can only build about 30k F150L per year. How is Ford going to ramp up to 150K F150Ls per year by the end of 2023? There is no way that I can imagine for Ford to increase production by five times using a single line.

But how many new lines does Ford intend to build? And will they be able to add new lines in the existing building or will they need new space? Construction of these new production lines has to already be well along if they are going to make any kind of significant impact to 2023 production.
There is only one Final assembly line for the Lightning. The bodies and beds are assembled and painted in the same buildings as the Dearborn ICE F150.

When I followed my Lightning down the line back in September, they were running one truck every 6 minutes on two 10 hour shifts. Since then, they are up to 3 10 hour shifts per week on an alternative schedule. I'm not sure how many jobs per hour they are currently running, but I will try to find out.

Production is really going to jump around July. Since the Lightning has started production, the building is still being finished and the line expanded. That will allow the JPH to be increased.
Sponsored