• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Middle Seat Belt Issue

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Hello! I was on carpool duty yesterday. Picked up the kids from school as usual. We spent 30 minutes at home before we were off to their activity. The girl in the middle of the back seat couldn't get her buckle to go in. I also tried it multiple times and did all of the usual stuff: turning it around, pulling it all of the way back and retrying, pushing the release button, etc. Ultimately, I called her mother who said it was fine if she rode in the front seat, which I was not comfortable with since she (nor my kids) are big enough for that yet. When I dropped them off and restarted the truck, the seat belt indicator screen came on, which is not usual, and showed my and the rear middle seat with green check marks (middle seat belt was not buckled). At home I messed with it some more, and it seems blocked. I can get the belt to engage if I hold the release button down while I buckle it. It seems to latch, but I am not comfortable having anyone back there right now. Driving around today, I had my kids in the outside seats, and when they unbuckled, it still showed the middle seat with as green check mark, even though it was not buckled. Anyone else have this or know of a solution? Tried searching and didn't find anything. Thanks!
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
My first thought is that you were trying to put the center belt into an outside latch. They aren't two-way compatible.

If that's not the issue maybe a toy or food is stuck in there?

OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That was my first thought too. It is definitely the correct belt with the correct receptacle. The middle belt buckle is a different size than the outisde two. And yes, I checked if there was something in there. With kids that seemed probable. It is definitely an issue with the seat belt receptacle itself.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
Definitely worth a call to the dealership. Haven't heard of others - an occasional faulty part wouldn't be shocking, but certainly unfortunate (and an important one).

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Get it fixed under 3/36

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Well the fact that it showed green when it was not even plugged in would be the red flag for me....time for a call to the dealer!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello! I was on carpool duty yesterday. Picked up the kids from school as usual. We spent 30 minutes at home before we were off to their activity. The girl in the middle of the back seat couldn't get her buckle to go in. I also tried it multiple times and did all of the usual stuff: turning it around, pulling it all of the way back and retrying, pushing the release button, etc. Ultimately, I called her mother who said it was fine if she rode in the front seat, which I was not comfortable with since she (nor my kids) are big enough for that yet. When I dropped them off and restarted the truck, the seat belt indicator screen came on, which is not usual, and showed my and the rear middle seat with green check marks (middle seat belt was not buckled). At home I messed with it some more, and it seems blocked. I can get the belt to engage if I hold the release button down while I buckle it. It seems to latch, but I am not comfortable having anyone back there right now. Driving around today, I had my kids in the outside seats, and when they unbuckled, it still showed the middle seat with as green check mark, even though it was not buckled. Anyone else have this or know of a solution? Tried searching and didn't find anything. Thanks!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They ended up replacing the middle seat belt receptacle under warranty. They also did 23B57D and and 23B70 while I was there. Annoying to first have to take it over there for an hour while they confirmed the issue (since it was under warranty, they said they couldn't order the part without physically inspecting it first) and then on a different day drop it off from around 9 - 3. Overall, just glad it was fixed without any back and forth on Ford's end. Definitely didn't want to risk having someone else's kid riding back there until I was sure it was safe!
Sponsored