• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This...I purchased an A2Z in May because my free adapter is/was set to arrive in September...after using the A2Z and Superchargers I would gladly not receive the "free" adapter in exchange for official approval of the A2Z.
Unfortunately, Tesla is unlikely to approve anyone's adapter, ever. Tesla Tap for destination chargers has been out for years.
Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Unfortunately, Tesla is unlikely to approve anyone's adapter, ever. Tesla Tap for destination chargers has been out for years.
Agreed...Tesla is probably even less motivated to allow 3rd party adapters now that Tesla owners are trading in their vehicles for Lightnings (per fellow forum members post). I've been shopping for a second EV for our family and have been looking at the Kias a lot...after using the superchargers I would love to find a Tesla under $25k to take advantage of used $4k federal rebate (which I'm finding, depending on the area, there are a lot).

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
Same here, I could have used that adapter in the worst way this summer

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I don’t think Ford is trying to force anything. I think they are pissed and frustrated with Tesla. These should not be hard to make, you just need someone to manage the process. I’m assuming the process got destroyed when Elon had his fit and laid off the entire charging group,

Sponsored

keegan.allen230

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Mine has been pushed back to October! Might pull the triger on the Lectron NACS to CCS adapter with a discount code from one of those YouTubers lol and I think it's still $50 off on their website. Any thoughts guys?

Last edited:

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Ford has done it again. I got on the list for delivery of the adapter in May, which was delayed until June, then July and now they’ve skipped August and now are saying it’s September. Anyone else get the impression they are going to stop shipping them and force us to go buy them?
If they force us to purchase, I won't and ford will get a black mark from me. This will be unacceptable.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
We are not officially allowed to use the adapters we can get.

Luckily nobody is enforcing this. But legally if anything were to happen (damage to vehicle or charger) it'd be your fault for using an unapproved adapter.
Agreed. What would happen in the case of a fire while fast charging? Ford and your insurance company might point to the unapproved adapter, and refuse to compensate you. Will the adapter company step up and compensate you? Unlikely.

Granted, the risk of a fire is low, but it is not zero.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Mine has been pushed back to October! Might pull the triger on the Lectron NACS to CCS adapter with a discount code from one of those YouTubers lol and I think it's still $50 off on their website. Any thoughts guys?
Lectron adapters have overheated in very hot weather and stopped charging sessions per several posts. Price, with discount, is still more by a few dollars than the A2Z Typhoon Pro, which has no such reports. A2Z had done extensive testing, which they describe on their site.

They also offer their Stellar Tesla Destination adapter for only $67.50 more if you select it in the dropdown menu, and use code FORDFORUM. Lectron has no combo deal like that to my knowledge.

Research both and make an informed decision.

https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
For my MME, I had the Lectron destination adapter. I regretted it and let it go with when I sold the MME because I knew I'd be buying a Tesla Tap. It's not that I don't trust Lectron, it's just that I can spend a little more money and get something that's universally better loved. The A2Z NACS adapter is about $20 more expensive as I think you can still use the discount code "FORD", or you can look through the forums, I typically see them selling used for $160 or less. Why A2Z? Look at all the reports of anyone who's ever contacted their customer service department. They have a stellar reputation, and if you ever need to deal with customer service, you will wish you spent a few extra dollars.

FWIW, I picked an A2Z from a forum member, had no issues using it (that weren't self imposed by my lack of attention on which way to move the lock switch) and when I run out of EA credit, I'll likely use it exclusively when traveling.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I don’t think Ford is trying to force anything. I think they are pissed and frustrated with Tesla. These should not be hard to make, you just need someone to manage the process. I’m assuming the process got destroyed when Elon had his fit and laid off the entire charging group,
@RichB-HTX

🤔 send rocket 🚀 to mars ( with lots of government $’s) or worry about a few hundred thousand non tesla owners who will make him a couple of bucks 💰 with charging.
Sponsored