• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Many have said this in multiple threads but here goes. It would be nice to get the free adapter for convenience. Those that need it have options that work like A2Z although technically not allowed on the Tesla network. If you truly need it, the price of the 3rd party adapter is not a factor.

Many factors affect supply chains and FMC is subject to a big one outside their control. Tesla is the only certified supplier for this adapter. I expect contracts have been breached during the last few months by FMC's supplier. The timeline for the path forward isn't clear, even to FMC.

Remember who the supplier is...... and then think about how hard it would be for FMC to communicate a clear timeline to us based on this supplier for which FMC has no control or leverage.

Hang in there. We are the interim folks blazing the path for the NACs 2025ers...
Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
I'm bumped from August to September too. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong to blame Ford, but I'm personally more inclined to blame Tesla in this instance, since they're actually producing the things

I'm sure firing the entire Tesla supercharger team didn't help matters, since the adapter design almost certainly grew out of the Magic Dock, which was almost certainly designed by that team. Probably a lot more of us would be holding adapters right now if the guy in control of the process wasn't a complete loon.

Screenshot_20240731_133022_Brave.jpg
I both agree with you and disagree with you. The complete loon is a complete loon but also really good with growing his businesses.

I was blaming the loon for this setback to, but then I learned that they were/are manufacturing these adapters in buffalo at their Supercharger manufacture facility. So they are using a facility they is designed to make magic dock and maybe about 40k units a year, and they were planning to handle a ton of influx demand (initial launch) at a facility that will likely not see demand like that again. We know this first adapter wave will be higher than long term demand. probably at least 25x higher.

Why this was never outsourced to China (or similar) is absolutely an amazing failure of management. If I was the loon, and I became aware decisions like this and more were occurring on the daily, I would have fired everyone also.
(This is only made worse that when the head of supercharging said she would not fire anyone. Imagine saying all your employees are perfect when you completely fumble something like this adapter issue). The loon probably knew this was going to be a huge issue, long before we started experiencing the issue. This is all the fault of those people who were fired.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
Many have said this in multiple threads but here goes. It would be nice to get the free adapter for convenience. Those that need it have options that work like A2Z although technically not allowed on the Tesla network. If you truly need it, the price of the 3rd party adapter is not a factor.

Many factors affect supply chains and FMC is subject to a big one outside their control. Tesla is the only certified supplier for this adapter. I expect contracts have been breached during the last few months by FMC's supplier. The timeline for the path forward isn't clear, even to FMC.

Remember who the supplier is...... and then think about how hard it would be for FMC to communicate a clear timeline to us based on this supplier for which FMC has no control or leverage.

Hang in there. We are the interim folks blazing the path for the NACs 2025ers...
Agree completely.

I ordered the A2Z adapter day one when I seen how big the queue was for receiving my ford adapter. I’d rather have two than place all my eggs in the basket that a massive roll out of free adapters goes off without a hitch. If you are complaining you have not got your free adapter yet because you NEED it, the issue lies with you.

Etsquared

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Mine was scheduled for July 2 days ago and today it says September.

Incredible.

Screenshot_20240731_112546_Dolphin.jpg
Mine was expected to ship in October from what I see from all the posts it may be quite a bit later. Not worried about the timing but have owned the truck since June 2023 and only slightly disappointed in the Tesla charging solution but hey love the truck so 2025 will be fine for me, I only have 12.5 kmiles so more a convenience than a necessity for me but I do feel for others frustrated by this ordeal. It too will resolve.

DVader2023

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT, 65 Volkswagen Bug
Same push back to September from August. Is six months too much time? They advertise the supercharger network but they make access to it more difficult than needed.

IMG_4796.png
I received the same email. Originally I was scheduled for August, like you my order was March (3-1-24). This is the first real update, but my distant travels are Vegas to/from OC California. And I don't need it yet.

Sponsored

Scott Libre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Space Lazer Repair Technician
I have 2 delayed until September, which was June previously. I am not holding my breath. I can't really complain about a free "Gift". I wish Ford would just remove the false expectations. Admit you don't know and have no control over the situation.

Is there even proof they are still making these? When was the last shipment?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have 2 delayed until September, which was June previously. I am not holding my breath. I can't really complain about a free "Gift". I wish Ford would just remove the false expectations. Admit you don't know and have no control over the situation.

Is there even proof they are still making these? When was the last shipment?
As far as I know the last shipment was in mid-June.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
These delays are disappointing. I was order 3971 and was moved from May to June, when I ultimately received it. I ordered the A2Z adapter in March and used it on trips in April and May, then sold it last month for $180 on Facebook marketplace since I didn’t need two.

A2Z makes a solid product. It had better fit and finish than my OEM adapter, and I’d suggest it to anyone who could use one before theirs shows up. They’ll be worth reselling for the foreseeable future as more automakers get access to Superchargers, so you probably won’t lose much.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I both agree with you and disagree with you. The complete loon is a complete loon but also really good with growing his businesses.

I was blaming the loon for this setback to, but then I learned that they were/are manufacturing these adapters in buffalo at their Supercharger manufacture facility. So they are using a facility they is designed to make magic dock and maybe about 40k units a year, and they were planning to handle a ton of influx demand (initial launch) at a facility that will likely not see demand like that again. We know this first adapter wave will be higher than long term demand. probably at least 25x higher.

Why this was never outsourced to China (or similar) is absolutely an amazing failure of management. If I was the loon, and I became aware decisions like this and more were occurring on the daily, I would have fired everyone also.
(This is only made worse that when the head of supercharging said she would not fire anyone. Imagine saying all your employees are perfect when you completely fumble something like this adapter issue). The loon probably knew this was going to be a huge issue, long before we started experiencing the issue. This is all the fault of those people who were fired.
So “The loon“ finds out that the Supercharger team is behind or Unable to produce that many adapters?… But instead of figuring out a way to Resolve the problem (hire more people or do whatever else needs to be done) instead You fire everyone!!! I Think that is the definition of a loon according to Webster, whatever dictionary you want to look at

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
So “The loon“ finds out that the Supercharger team is behind or Unable to produce that many adapters?… But instead of figuring out a way to Resolve the problem (hire more people or do whatever else needs to be done) instead You fire everyone!!! I Think that is the definition of a loon according to Webster, whatever dictionary you want to look at
Well if you are being lied to and you lost faith in those people. Yeah you fire them, you do not enable them. Im a software development manager. I support my team with everything I have if they are being honest with me, and they are working within the vision we have discussed. If they are making decision behind my back and that is setting us up to fail. Yes, they are gone, even if that puts us more behind.

Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Yes, they are gone, even if that puts us more behind.
Perhaps selective thinning would be a better approach in everything he does. The sledge hammer management theory has been dead for a long time in successful companies.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
Perhaps selective thinning would be a better approach in everything he does. The sledge hammer management theory has been dead for a long time in successful companies.
I agree the sledge hammer approach does not always work. But to suggest Tesla and SpaceX are not successful is also wrong. To some degree, what we hear about both these companies has to be different than what is actually happening, because they don’t fail to perform overall. Small failures will be experienced by all.

Specifically here on the sledge hammer approach. I do not really think that is what it was, it was more akin to what happened at Twitter, you do not know who to trust, so you remove everyone quickly from the equation so they can not tamper, cause problems, push back, etc. Then you figure out who are the issues, who are the keepers and you hire those ones back. That exactly what they did. A TON of people were hired back. And of course if you talk to the ones that were not, they are going to be pissy. If you talk to the ones that were, they are not going to say much because that’s what good employees do (keep internal issues internal).

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I agree the sledge hammer approach does not always work. But to suggest Tesla and SpaceX are not successful is also wrong. To some degree, what we hear about both these companies has to be different than what is actually happening, because they don’t fail to perform overall. Small failures will be experienced by all.

Specifically here on the sledge hammer approach. I do not really think that is what it was, it was more akin to what happened at Twitter, you do not know who to trust, so you remove everyone quickly from the equation so they can not tamper, cause problems, push back, etc. Then you figure out who are the issues, who are the keepers and you hire those ones back. That exactly what they did. A TON of people were hired back. And of course if you talk to the ones that were not, they are going to be pissy. If you talk to the ones that were, they are not going to say much because that’s what good employees do (keep internal issues internal).
I am not saying that Elon has not done an amazing job In advancing things that people probably did not think we’re possible, but also it was not just him. He is like a good quarterback on a good NFL team or maybe a good coach. But when he goes into dark mode (Sledgehammer mode or whatever you wanna call it ) It is counterproductive in general!
Also, unless you have some insider knowledge, we are not exactly sure where the problem was or is or both.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Developer
I am not saying that Elon has not done an amazing job In advancing things that people probably did not think we’re possible, but also it was not just him. He is like a good quarterback on a good NFL team or maybe a good coach. But when he goes into dark mode (Sledgehammer mode or whatever you wanna call it ) It is counterproductive in general!
Also, unless you have some insider knowledge, we are not exactly sure where the problem was or is or both.
100% Elon can be his own worst enemy. No way would I ever deny that. Could he have handled the super charger team layoffs much better, of course, without a doubt. All I am saying is the writing is on the wall and clear to see for anyone who does not want to blame this on Elon. The supercharger team was in charge of everything to do with rolling our NACS. It‘s gone poorly, very poorly. Public information exists to show there were issues (not commenting on the amount), and what we see here, also suggests issues. Was firing “everyone” the best PR, F*** No, but it’s pretty obvious there was some house cleaning needing to take place. As people waiting for our adapters, we are paying the price for what was going on pre-firing, and now post-firing.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Tesla missing dates? Shocking.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September 1722543674354-3a

Don't be surprised if you're waiting until 2025.

The new Macan EVs will be delivered with an included adapter. I wonder which adapter they're using. 2026 Macans will have a NACS port.
Sponsored