• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nav stuck in km bug (and workaround)

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Took delivery today. The dealer did a great job walking through pretty much the entire user interface with me - useful learning experience for both of us.

We spent about 15 minutes scratching our heads because the nav was stuck in km even though everything was configured for miles. It is a bug involving personal profiles, with a simple workaround.

Basically when you create a profile (maybe just the first profile) the miles/km setting under Display defaults to miles, and the speedo etc. pick this up correctly. However, the default for the navigation (in 15" screen cars at least) appears to be km and it does _not_ pick up the default "miles" setting from the new profile.

The workaround is:

1. With the new profile active, enter the nav.
  2. Then go to display settings, and change the setting to km.
  3. Open a different app.
  4. Reopen the nav and check that it still is in km.
  5. Go back to display settings and change the setting to miles.
  6. Now, one last time, open a different app then reopen the nav.

The nav will now show miles, feet etc. like the rest of the user interface.
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Surprise Day!

today I spent several hours on the phone today with multiple Ford customer experience teams. At the end of the day I was asked to call the Ford Pass team again to solve my vehicle connectivity GW issue…. But i ran out of time…. However at the end of the day my Ford pass app starting working after weeks of calling in!

i think Ford folks helped me in the background without even telling me!

#Fordangels. Thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning Nav stuck in km bug (and workaround) IMG_5124