• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Navigation still loading...

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
Have had my Lightning for a few months and getting ready for my first trip. In preparation for the trip I wanted to play with the navigation and have my route entered. However, there is no Navigation "card" at the bottom of the screen (like my MME has) and when I ask to load the map the truck replies "Sorry, Navigation is still loading" well at least she is polite.

I have tried a hard reset of Sync and requested the map be displayed after driving for a half hour or more only to get the same reply that the Navigation is still loading.

Funny, every morning I travel to work by the same route and a couple times I have been told that the expected delay due to traffic is xx minutes - even then the Navigation is still loading - how can it be still loading yet it knows that traffic is heavy.

Anyone experience this issue, any suggestions on how to get Navigation to load?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JWW

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Actually, it is fixed, or should I say found.

My wife picked me up last night and while waiting for me was playing one of the games in her MME. She asked if the Lighting had games. I said I didn't know and she showed me that if you press your picture at the top middle of the screen a new menus shows up that list various apps like her game; I noticed that one of the Apps was Navigation. So when I got home I got in my Lighting and there it was, Navigation - on the way into work this morning it seems to be working just fine.

Really, made my wife's day that she knew something that I didn't about the cars that I didn't <grin>.

I really wanted to avoid a trip to the dealer because I seem to know more about these vehicles than they do.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't know what the cards look like on the Mach-E, but I really liked the way the 12 inch screen on my 2021 Lariat was laid out. I've only had my Lightning a few days, but I am starting to wish it had the 12 inch screen like the XLT/PRO.

I would have gladly traded my 20 inch wheels, moonroof and 15 inch screen for the 18 inch wheels, 12 inch screen with physical buttons, Unleashed stereo and power running boards.

Woodypeoples

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, ER Lightning - 8/15 Build
Occupation
Business

My wife picked me up last night and while waiting for me was playing one of the games in her MME. She asked if the Lighting had games. I said I didn't know and she showed me that if you press your picture at the top middle of the screen a new menus shows up that list various apps like her game; I noticed that one of the Apps was Navigation. So when I got home I got in my Lighting and there it was, Navigation - on the way into work this morning it seems to be working just fine.

Really, made my wife's day that she knew something that I didn't about the cars that I didn't <grin>.

I really wanted to avoid a trip to the dealer because I seem to know more about these vehicles than they do.
Wanted to let you know that this old post helped me out too. I don't like how Ford does it with the tiles. But now I know where to go when something gets bumped out.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

You note pressing your picture at the top of the screen. I know where you add your picture in your profile, but mine has never worked. Did you do anything special to get that to show up? Do you have an iPhone or Android? My picture is of the dogs. Nothing I do to sync contacts or allow contacts or sort by first name or last name - nothing will seem to match with my contact on the phone and allow me to select the picture. So I just use a Ford default icon for now.

OP
OP
JWW

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
I also just use one of the default Ford icons.

As my wife says we are dancing with the dinosaurs..
Sponsored