First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
I haven't received any email but even at the "reduced" price it's still way too expensive for my blood especially given the extremely poor roll out of updates. Needs to be in the $50 - $100 per year ballpark with timely roll out of updates for me to even consider it. Until then I'll just get the wife or son to drive when I don't want to once my current as purchased subscription expires :cool: .
Yeah, if I use Tesla's FSD as a baseline at $99/month or $8k lifetime, BlueCruise is worth about $5/month for what it does. I *MIGHT* go $10, but would only subscribe for a single month if I was going on a long, mostly Interstate, trip.
Sponsored

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Someone once said on this forum they put a 1lb weight on the steering wheel so cruise control thinks your hands are on the wheel. I think I'm just going to do this when my trial expires. Hell I should do it now because blue cruise likes to disengage every few miles on curves, etc anyway. Why would I pay for that experience?

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Can someone explain to me why I’d pay anything for BlueCruise in its current 1.0 form? From my understanding the truck always has lane centering and TACC so it would literally be $500/yr so I don’t have to keep my hand on the wheel? That doesn’t seem like an incredible burden that’s worth the cost? I don’t get it.

Maybe 1.5 auto lane change will be available by the time my new vehicle subscription is up in a little over a year?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Can someone explain to me why I’d pay anything for BlueCruise in its current 1.0 form? From my understanding the truck always has lane centering and TACC so it would literally be $500/yr so I don’t have to keep my hand on the wheel? That doesn’t seem like an incredible burden that’s worth the cost? I don’t get it.

Maybe 1.5 auto lane change will be available by the time my new vehicle subscription is up in a little over a year?
I use BC going to and coming from work everyday. It’s really nice to be able to drop my hands and let the truck fight with traffic. There’s something really relaxing about letting the truck do the driving.

I know I would miss BC if I didn’t have it so, if I can afford it, why not? A lot of times I have to pay pretty hefty charges my wife racks up that I don’t benefit from. At least paying for BC I would get something out of it.

I am a spend thrift and I will go for the better price if I can find it. But I have to say that if you can’t afford $50 per month for BC then you probably shouldn’t have bought a Lightning at a trim level that has BC on it.
Sponsored