• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Owner in Montana

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
Hello. Yesterday I bought a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER with max tow in Missoula Montana and drove home to Great Falls. I was pretty happy with the deal I received from Lithia Ford in Missoula. I am a long-time GMC and Chevy owner, and am switching from a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Duramax 3.0. I loved that truck but was so impressed with the Lightning that I decided to make the switch. For my truck, the MSRP is $80685. Dealer subtracted Fed tax credit ($7500), $5000 Ford rebate, $500 military and first responder discount, $6591 dealer discount, then added $699 doc fee, making total $61793. We have no sales tax in Montana so I will only have to pay registration fee, approximately $500. We also own a Hyundai Ioniq 5 that we bought 3 weeks ago, and already have a level 2 charger installed.

I have never owned a Ford before so this will take some getting used to. I miss some of the features of the GMC, but love the way the Lightning drives and the instantaneous power.

Things I am surprised Ford does not offer that were on my 2020 GMC Sierra:

Digital Camera rear view mirror - I loved being able to expand the view of the rear view mirror and people in the back seat did not block the view

Heads Up Display - A lot of the information is on the gauge cluster and center screen, but when I look away the dang beeper on the Blue Cruise warning starts yelling at me. This did get annoying on our 3 hour drive home. I have disabled some of the warnings in the settings so hopefully this will keep it from going off so much.

Sirius XM channels don't seem to show artists playing when you are browsing. On the GMC you can look at your favorites and it shows the artist playing so you can pick if you see someone you like. I haven't been able to find a way for it to show the artist without selecting the channel first.

360 Camera views not as configurable. On the GMC I could look at my front wheels, back wheels, front bumper, rear bumper, 360 view, etc. It was nice for parking next to a curb so you don't scrape the wheels. I can't seem to find any views besides rear view and front view if going really slow. The 360 is available but not useful for keeping distance from a curb. Is there another setting that will allow for better camera views?

No factory spray-in bed liner. Dealer said only if you custom order truck? Seems like an odd thing not to include on higher trim levels.

On the flip side, the seats in the Lariat are more comfortable than the ones in the Denali. The ventilation also works better.

So far, after 1 full day we love the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning New Owner in Montana 20240314_094440

Ford F-150 Lightning New Owner in Montana 20240314_094432
Sponsored

Last edited:

FANTIEPEI1

First Name
MARTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LIGHTNING LARIAT
Occupation
Defender of all free things
Mine gets delivered today was supposed to be here yesterday. Hopefully it comes today I can't wait

OP
OP
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
Which trim and color did you order? Mine has the parking sensor issues that I see is pretty common on the forum.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The dealer could have spec’d their stock order with factory bedliner, they chose not to. Line-X is probably a better option anyway.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello. Yesterday I bought a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER with max tow in Missoula Montana and drove home to Great Falls. I was pretty happy with the deal I received from Lithia Ford in Missoula. I am a long-time GMC and Chevy owner, and am switching from a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Duramax 3.0. I loved that truck but was so impressed with the Lightning that I decided to make the switch. For my truck, the MSRP is $80685. Dealer subtracted Fed tax credit ($7500), $5000 Ford rebate, $500 military and first responder discount, $6591 dealer discount, then added $699 doc fee, making total $61793. We have no sales tax in Montana so I will only have to pay registration fee, approximately $500. We also own a Hyundai Ioniq 5 that we bought 3 weeks ago, and already have a level 2 charger installed.

I have never owned a Ford before so this will take some getting used to. I miss some of the features of the GMC, but love the way the Lightning drives and the instantaneous power.

Things I am surprised Ford does not offer that were on my 2020 GMC Sierra:

Digital Camera rear view mirror - I loved being able to expand the view of the rear view mirror and people in the back seat did not block the view

Heads Up Display - A lot of the information is on the gauge cluster and center screen, but when I look away the dang beeper on the Blue Cruise warning starts yelling at me. This did get annoying on our 3 hour drive home. I have disabled some of the warnings in the settings so hopefully this will keep it from going off so much.

Sirius XM channels don't seem to show artists playing when you are browsing. On the GMC you can look at your favorites and it shows the artist playing so you can pick if you see someone you like. I haven't been able to find a way for it to show the artist without selecting the channel first.

360 Camera views not as configurable. On the GMC I could look at my front wheels, back wheels, front bumper, rear bumper, 360 view, etc. It was nice for parking next to a curb so you don't scrape the wheels. I can't seem to find any views besides rear view and front view if going really slow. The 360 is available but not useful for keeping distance from a curb. Is there another setting that will allow for better camera views?

No factory spray-in bed liner. Dealer said only if you custom order truck? Seems like an odd thing not to include on higher trim levels.

On the flip side, the seats in the Lariat are more comfortable than the ones in the Denali. The ventilation also works better.

So far, after 1 full day we love the truck.

20240314_094440.jpg

20240314_094432.jpg
Congrats on your new F-150 Lightning!

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Welcome and Congratulations!

You bought your truck for $10k less than mine a year ago next month. Nice Deal.

I agree with your assessment of the Lightning. We love ours. Funny to because I just bought a KIA EV6 for the wife last week. This vehicle seems to pair quite often with a KIA EV6 or Hyundai Ioniq 5. Go figure🤔.
Sponsored