• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Normal front end behavior?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'd actually like the same thing (will make loading a motorcycle on ramps easier), but I think we'll be waiting a little while for companies to release rear suspension setups for our unicorn trucks.
Good point. Hadn’t considered that.
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Kind of funny how everyone is talking about raising the front to level the truck whereas i’m thinking about how to lower the rear to level it. :)
My original plan for the Lightning was to lower the rear as well, but once I did some more digging, I realized it was going to be a lot more difficult, as the IRS is brand new and will take some time before options are available.

Based on that, I made the decision to level by lifting the front - had to get of the rake one way or another! lol

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Following this thread... I was very surprised at "bounce" in the front end when coming to a hard stop. Feels like an old Caddy with worn out shocks.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The Platinum has different springs and struts?

I may replace the springs and struts with something stiffer if there is something out there that's any good. I absolutely hate "floaty" vehicles.

I just got the truck and this whole issue isn't as bad as I had feared based on reviews. Yes, it's a little bouncy on long undulations at higher speeds but overall it doesn't feel like a floaty vehicle. I could see it getting a little unstable if the frequency of the undulations was just right, but one or two consecutive lumps or depressions didn't get it flustered.

I haven't pushed it to the limit but taking it through some twisty roads at relatively high speed, the behavior was much better than I was expecting. The amount of body roll in the corner was far less than I've experience with late model half ton pickups that I've driven. The Silverado 1500 I had last year had truly awful driving dynamics. The IRS in the Lightning appears to help quite a bit with handling (and obviously the more even weight distribution and low center of gravity). So far I'm pretty happy, I won't drive it like my 911 but I don't feel like I'm driving a land yacht, either.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just got the truck and this whole issue isn't as bad as I had feared based on reviews. Yes, it's a little bouncy on long undulations at higher speeds but overall it doesn't feel like a floaty vehicle. I could see it getting a little unstable if the frequency of the undulations was just right, but one or two consecutive lumps or depressions didn't get it flustered.

I haven't pushed it to the limit but taking it through some twisty roads at relatively high speed, the behavior was much better than I was expecting. The amount of body roll in the corner was far less than I've experience with late model half ton pickups that I've driven. The Silverado 1500 I had last year had truly awful driving dynamics. The IRS in the Lightning appears to help quite a bit with handling (and obviously the more even weight distribution and low center of gravity). So far I'm pretty happy, I won't drive it like my 911 but I don't feel like I'm driving a land yacht, either.
Exactly how I feel taking through the twisties every week. I’m not sure switching out just the front is going to help driving dynamics giving that you now have two different suspension setups on the truck. I’d wait for the aftermarket to come out with a full suspension kit to switch all 4 corners out.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Exactly how I feel taking through the twisties every week. I’m not sure switching out just the front is going to help driving dynamics giving that you now have two different suspension setups on the truck. I’d wait for the aftermarket to come out with a full suspension kit to switch all 4 corners out.
Yup, I definitely have a different view now that I've driven the truck. I can wait to make any suspension modifications.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I wonder how the Platinum handles compared to the Lariat. Just going from 19" to 20" wheels on my model S made a really big difference in handling. It wouldn't get rid of the oscillations, but may turn in sharper.
Sponsored