• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Over the Air Uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
I am following this thread with earnest, and I read the other article about "What Happens when an OTA is sent to your vehicle. I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER, and am running version 4.2.1.3 software. I've had this truck since September 2023, and I havn't received a single update. I am connected to my home wifi, the truck says "Connected" and Signal Strength is good . . . all that. I have some warranty issues to be looked at by the dealership and I'm hoping after all that is handled maybe I'll start getting updates?

I have one Recall "Rear lightbar replacement", and 3 Customer Satisfaction Programs updates:
1. Charge cord stuck reprogram battery charge control module
2. High voltage battery module replacement andor battery energy control module becm software
3. Heated steering wheel performance upgrade.

Because some of those are "software" - is it possible my truck won't update until THOSE updates are done?

PS - I'm new to the forum - been reading here for a couple of weeks, this is my first post. Cheers!
Sponsored

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
How can you tell what versions your Lighting is on? I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find it. Thanks.

OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
go to your dealer and make sure they are a big one with lots of Ford backing. They offer to help force install the one's we are missing. Have an appointment next week to do this and will let you know how it turns out

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Stupid question: how do you check on what your last update was (i.e. the current software)?

Sponsored
OP
OP
1Jetpilot

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
How can you tell what versions your Lighting is on? I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find it. Thanks.
It is under the software updates on the bottom and some have it stated in the meat of the screen. Mine just says it is complete but has said that since July 23 with no numbers, but I do believe I don't even have 6.1.0

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Recent (last 120 days++) of acquisitions are in an update holding pattern, eventually you will start receiving updates.

All updates appear to be on hold until the holidays pass even for older 2022 & early 2023 models.

Looking at your Sync screen SOFTWARE UPDATES might only show that you're up to date with no prior / recent version history, if that is what you see then you're on the factory build version waiting to enter the OTA cycle.

Ford F-150 Lightning Over the Air Uploads 2ckikr
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.