• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Overheating - 80 Amp Setup

TexasLightningOwner

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am only one day in, but it appears my CSP over heated and stopped several times during the night. Ended at 94% (started at 82%). Not to mention the fact that I thought I had set it stop at 90%! I think I researched on this forum and found the answer to my 90% charge setting problem, we shall see.

I have read that an update to the CSP will increase the temp tolerances and allow for better charging. My question is regarding how good the WIFI signal needs to be to take the update? Has anyone had to get Wifi range extender to allow the CSP to communicate better? When I tried to find it on the FCSP or FordPass app after the initial setup, it would not locate it....which I assumed was a wifi problem?
Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I should be getting mine soon. Any updates on your wifi and charger?

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I am only one day in, but it appears my CSP over heated and stopped several times during the night. Ended at 94% (started at 82%). Not to mention the fact that I thought I had set it stop at 90%! I think I researched on this forum and found the answer to my 90% charge setting problem, we shall see.

I have read that an update to the CSP will increase the temp tolerances and allow for better charging. My question is regarding how good the WIFI signal needs to be to take the update? Has anyone had to get Wifi range extender to allow the CSP to communicate better? When I tried to find it on the FCSP or FordPass app after the initial setup, it would not locate it....which I assumed was a wifi problem?
@TexasLightningOwner

I use a range extender I don't think without it I would have gotten the updates.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Prior to getting a range extender, I had a very weak signal, WIFI signal limiting though put to about ~ 15 mb/s but I was able to get the updates over the course of a couple days, as signal strength varied. I think when I left the garage door open it helped.

Another quirk I noticed is that it can take 60-120 seconds sometimes more to connect to the FCSP setup utility, this is slow even now that I have the signal extender pushing out 750+ mb/s in the garage.

I looked recently and this is my current patch level

Ford F-150 Lightning Overheating - 80 Amp Setup 1667316611796
Sponsored