OP

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
As an FYSA, a good part of my passenger side seems ready to crack open.
Sponsored

DaGriff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Plumber
THats crez
Thanks for starting this post.

Iā€™ve got a brand new (2 weeks) Lariat, which has been garaged since being purchased. After seeing this post, I checked my moonroof gasket and see extensive deterioration (see pics).

I donā€™t know how long the truck sat at the dealer before I bought it, but this seems to be a lot more than what an animal could accomplish. Maybe there is a material defect issue???

Off to the dealer asap

IMG_1799.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1797.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg
This is crazy!!! I foresee a CSP/Recall on theses gaskets. Mine is ok but looks dry and brittle. So I will be talking to my dealer pre-emptively about this.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
All-
TLDR- rear sunroof gasket failing. took into dealer and ā€œthey will get back to meā€

IMG_3305.jpeg
IMG_3307.png

so I try to wash my truck by hand every couple of weeks, and noticed this during the weekend wash. Rear panoramic sunroof glass gasket. It has failed on the passenger side, and beginning to fail on the aft drivers side as well.

have any of you had this failure?

1 year (almost to the day, approx 15k miles)

any suggestions to cover this until the dealership returns my request for warranty repair? My expectations is that the warranty will replace it - any thoughts?
Good afternoon! If you'd like additional assistance with your concern, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

HHI-Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks for starting this post.

Iā€™ve got a brand new (2 weeks) Lariat, which has been garaged since being purchased. After seeing this post, I checked my moonroof gasket and see extensive deterioration (see pics).

I donā€™t know how long the truck sat at the dealer before I bought it, but this seems to be a lot more than what an animal could accomplish. Maybe there is a material defect issue???

Off to the dealer asap

IMG_1799.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1797.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg
After a dealer visit to inspect things, and waiting a week or so for a replacementā€¦

My Lightning Lariat is headed to the dealer on Monday for a full moonroof swap out and replacement to address this gasket issue - all covered under warranty.

Dealer estimates this will take a full day, but possibly spill into 2 days if the tech has issues (I expect this will be the first time the dealer has done a swap so there will be some learning through the process). Hopefully there wonā€™t be damage to the headliner, etc.

OP
OP

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
FYI - sunroof gasket ā€œnot coveredā€

Sponsored

HHI-Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, that wasnā€™t my dealerā€™s response.

Full moonroof swap out was done, under warranty.

Took about a half day

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
FYI - sunroof gasket ā€œnot coveredā€
I can see seals and gaskets as a wear and tear item. I would argue that your sunroof is not normal wear and tear but rather premature degradation. It should absolutely be covered.

DaGriff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Plumber
Exactly!!!

Well, that wasnā€™t my dealerā€™s response.

Full moonroof swap out was done, under warranty.

Took about a half day
I can see seals and gaskets as a wear and tear item. I would argue that your sunroof is not normal wear and tear but rather premature degradation. It should absolutely be covered.
Sponsored