First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
I don't have direct experience with that however, I am a musician and I have run multiple all day concerts - 10 hours (including power hungry PA's, amp's and lights) off the truck for multiple bands and it did it only using 30 miles of range.

I'm sure if I lost power I could easily keep my refrigerators cold and run other items as needed via long extension cords.
I keep hearing about using extension cords off my truck. How do you hook up your furnace/ ac to an extension cord? Lights in the house?! That’s what we need. I can put food in coolers or bring to someone with a fridge. I can’t be stumbling around in the dark or unable to breathe or sleep from sweltering heat or severe cold weather. We are old. We are in our late 70’s and early 80’s. That’s why I put out the big bucks to ensure we wouldn’t suffer and perish in the extreme weather. Ford doesn’t care!! I’ve begged them for help and all they care about is their bottom line. Humans be damned!!
How do I hook up my HVAC to an extension cord?!?!
Sponsored

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I keep hearing about using extension cords off my truck. How do you hook up your furnace/ ac to an extension cord? Lights in the house?! That’s what we need. I can put food in coolers or bring to someone with a fridge. I can’t be stumbling around in the dark or unable to breathe or sleep from sweltering heat or severe cold weather. We are old. We are in our late 70’s and early 80’s. That’s why I put out the big bucks to ensure we wouldn’t suffer and perish in the extreme weather. Ford doesn’t care!! I’ve begged them for help and all they care about is their bottom line. Humans be damned!!
How do I hook up my HVAC to an extension cord?!?!
Flashlights, battery powered lamps. Flashlight on phone. Thats the easy part.

Your furnace/AC must be plugged in somewhere. But if that dire, then you probably need to consider a generator. The truck only has so much battery and if no power you cannot recharge.

I am not in your situation so you mileage may vary. But I have the extension cord plug all set if there an emergency. Good luck.