• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
February 2023
Looks like some clogged IT pipes have been Roto-Rooted, it will be interesting to see how many more folks check in with this.

STICKING the thread again, I had delisted it a while ago thinking it was passee!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got this message this morning on my '23 Lariat ER. First update I have ever seen pop up in the app. No clue what it did. Thanks Ford....
Congrat's, keep those alerts found in Account / Message Center for future review, the UPDATE DETAILS link might take you to another page to describe what was updated.

Budshark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Same exact scenario. Truck built in Jan 23 (Lariat ER). Picked up end of Sept and never received any updates. Woke up this morning to the alert 4.2.1.1 had been installed. Hopefully this starts the process.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
September 2023 build, really hoping for this update soon...but more likely will see it after the first of the year. That's ok, I'd rather they work the kinks out (*cough* Rivian *cough*). ;)

Roondogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received this update 4 days ago but it says it’s not completed. How do I get this to install?
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here IMG_1537

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Received this update 4 days ago but it says it’s not completed. How do I get this to install?
IMG_1537.jpeg
Welcome to the forum, eventually the conditions will be right, the crucial issue is SOC of the LBV [12 volt battery], some updates need it to be high enough to endure the updating process.

Take the truck for a ride, maybe about 60 minutes, then schedule the install following the end of your travels, ie, while at home when you don't need to drive for 15 to 45 minutes.

If you don't want to drive, start the truck, turn off the automatic shutdown timer, the HVAC system, lights, set the parking brake, lock the doors, walk away with the keyfob & PAAK enabled devices, while the truck is "running" it will bring the SOC of the 12v battery higher, after an hour or so, schedule the install time for the next hour or immediately after you shut off the truck, hopefully the install goes smoothly.

Roondogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welcome to the forum, eventually the conditions will be right, the crucial issue is SOC of the LBV [12 volt battery], some updates need it to be high enough to endure the updating process.

Take the truck for a ride, maybe about 60 minutes, then schedule the install following the end of your travels, ie, while at home when you don't need to drive for 15 to 45 minutes.

If you don't want to drive, start the truck, turn off the automatic shutdown timer, the HVAC system, lights, set the parking brake, lock the doors, walk away with the keyfob & PAAK enabled devices, while the truck is "running" it will bring the SOC of the 12v battery higher, after an hour or so, schedule the install time for the next hour or immediately after you shut off the truck, hopefully the install goes smoothly.
Going to try this right now. Thanks!

Roondogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No luck yet getting this update to install after quite a few tries.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Last one I got was 6.2.0. It said it is the second time it is updating with 6.2.0 and this one is different and has some additional updates. I don't think Ford guys understand the point of these numbers.