• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Radical Difference with built in Nav vs Google

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If you don't have a log book to track trips and monthly kWh average, I don't know what you're doing.

Seriously though, the log book is fun.

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
If you don't have a log book to track trips and monthly kWh average, I don't know what you're doing.

Seriously though, the log book is fun.
this is now a log book photo thread. i'm fully interested-- paper or digital?

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just a paper notebook I keep in the center console. At the end of every month I write down the date, and the stats from trip 2. Then I reset trip 2.

If I do a long trip I might put a one off entry for trip 1.

Imagine if this was just built into the Ford app though...

OP
OP

grange

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford Lightning
Think about it. The truck puts up a number for range. It knows nothing other than outside temperature (maybe) and current battery level. You put in a route…now the truck‘s computer has MUCH more information to use in estimating that range number. As stated above…elevation changes, average speed, etc. In theory, that number is more accurate.

In reality, stop using range and start using battery %. You’ll be happier in the long run.
i am sorry but the GOM is not smart enough to factor elevation, wind speed barametric pressure... i have driven this route the same way a dozen times with this truck. it has not learned or applied any history. i just find it strange that it applies some computation to try and help but does just the opposite....i creates doubt and anxiety. i have learned to just not use Ford Navigation and instead rely on Waze. But thx for the ideas & thoughts.
Ford should aplly some logic and effort into improving the whole GOM/Nav
Sponsored