• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Right Side Sensor Beeping When Nothing is There

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
I have this on/off. Will look for the sensors no to see if they are obstructed with mud or similar . Goes away after I run it thru a carwash. But agree with you - very irritating
I did that. I keep my truck pretty clean and I wipe those sensors 2-3 times per week
Sponsored

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
I only get this if it thinks there's something behind me. I put a bike rack on the trailer hitch yesterday, wow did not want me to back out of my garage! I was amazed how hard I had to push the pedal to get it to go, and of course I'm always worried when I push the pedal that hard that it will suddenly decide that everything is fine and go at mach 10 and cause me to actually hit something
I have that same concern.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Need to know if anyone else is having this problem. I have a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Edition with fold-in running boards. These board seem to have sensors in them to detect objects/people that you may run into. Whenever I back up, they automatically go off as if something is there. It startles me and I am in a panic with my head swiveling to see if there is something there. This has been going on for several weeks and is getting progressively worse. I took it to the dealer for them to examine, but while they could see and hear the issue, the could not fix it because the truck was emitting not an error code for the issue. I really like this vehicle, but this is becoming unbearable, especially when I am in reverse in the vehicle. I am hoping someone has seen this issue and can give me some pointers that I can give the dealership to fix this.
Good afternoon, Eric. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this sensor beeping concern?

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
I haven’t been able to figure out how to do a private MSG. If you would kindly send me an email address, I will send you the information

OP
OP

ebkeys

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Teacher
If this is going only to you, then I send the information