Sponsored

Rivian R2 Reveal w/ R3 and R3X Surprises! $45K, 0-60 >3 seconds, 300+ miles range, NACS port, 4695 batteries

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
R2 Reserved. Got plenty of time to see what else happens in the market.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Also reserved an R2 after my wife saw it. This would be the perfect accompaniment to our Lightning. Used to have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler, which was a blast to drive, but uncomfortable and noisy. This scratches that "Jeep itch" (in my opinion), while letting us retain the Lightning for hauling, road trips, etc.

Super excited to see how the platform evolves between now and release. Very happy with some of the changes (i.e. glove boxes, better center console storage, powered rear window). :)

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
R3 has a cool look, I dig it. Don't need one right now, but I think my son would go for one when he gets old enough. Haven't seen the video yet, will watch after work. Did they give any timeframe on the R3?

EDIT: Looked at some more pics and I change my mind. I refuse to buy a vehicle where the back seat passengers get more buttons than the front. Still dig the exterior look, what a shame.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Interesting to watch Rivian in the next two years. Charge port is on the wrong side for superchargers. Didn't see a spare for adventure vehicle. And I need to know if R2 fender Bender cost $40K+ to fix like R1 does before I order one.

Last edited:

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Reserved an R2! That’s a perfect size for us. I was really hoping for an electric Explorer or at least a PHEV but the R2 looks great.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I reserved one earlier today as well. $100 to have a place in line is pretty par for new EVs these days.

My wife and I skipped on the Fisker Ocean for a few reasons. The R2 is next in line for us, we'll see what Ford and others release.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I reserved one earlier today as well. $100 to have a place in line is pretty par for new EVs these days.

My wife and I skipped on the Fisker Ocean for a few reasons. The R2 is next in line for us, we'll see what Ford and others release.
Even though my place in line for lightning was not originally honored by Ford in an effort to up-sell me, I did eventually end up paying the price originally promised but look at what happened to folks that got in line for Cybertruck. Their place in line didn't mean anything and the price they were told didn't mean anything either. Those that paid more to cut the line are missing some features they have to wait for to be added. Unless you are right up front and they honor it, the difference between being in line and not being in line may be a year and a lot of fixed bugs. And when the reservations are gone, the company will be more desperate and will offer better deals (if they are still in business).

Imagine all the things you could do with that $100 ;) Seriously though, you probably end up spending $100,000 worth of time on R2 forum for two years just to find out, things are not as you hoped for and cancel your reservation.

Their financials are still the same as yesterday but the stock is back up already.

Don't let them mess with your head.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hdscreens

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Also, reserved but hopefully theres a tow hitch option for city towing chores.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68,000 reservations.

Ford F-150 Lightning Rivian R2 Reveal w/ R3 and R3X Surprises! $45K, 0-60 >3 seconds, 300+ miles range, NACS port, 4695 batteries 1709911816530

soundpro

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightining lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Maybe it's just me, but I think the front is butt-ugly. I can't get past it and would not want a Rivian.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe it's just me, but I think the front is butt-ugly. I can't get past it and would not want a Rivian.
Certainly not just you. It's a soft design that doesn't appeal to everyone but it is incredibly aerodynamic and efficient and now defines their character. The oval headlights don't do much for me I don't see it changing anytime soon.

This is a great exercise to put car aesthetics into perspective: Go here for just 30 seconds, then come back and look at the R2 photos.
Sponsored