Sponsored

Rooftop Camping Setup

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup IMG_4916

Scooped up a naturnest rtt to do some adventuring. Having the built in electric generator sure does make camping extra nice! Did some solo camping in Hoosier National Forest and had a great time. Coming from my Model Y…it sure is easier to do this kind of stuff with a truck.

Im also attaching a night timedrive way pic and some of the ladder I built to get this 180lb box on the bars. Not nearly as bad as it looks, but I can do it solo with no real struggles.
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup IMG_4905
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup IMG_4860
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup IMG_4861

Bed rack and cover are from an Amazon seller under the brand name bestwyll. Great quality stuff if you are in the market for it!
Sponsored

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ptcoffee.com
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Occupation
Coffee Roasting
I have been contemplating something like your setup vs. a used small tent trailer since I brought my Lightning home last weekend. I have a big travel trailer for trips with the entire family but I want something more nimble and efficient for solo trips or just my son and I. Looks like you have a great setup!

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
I’d love a travel camper but I can’t justify storage fees since I’d have to store it since I live in an HOA. I also considered a tent trailer setup as well but I didn’t want to have to deal with the hassle of registration, insurance, and ultimately storage in the garage. This was the perfect compromise in my opinion. Easily holds two adults. I’m 6’1 and was very comfortable. For storage, I plan on building wall storage in the garage for it so it’ll occupy just 7” of depth from the wall but it’ll fill about 5ft x 7ft.
Sponsored