• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!!

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I signed up recently and just received delivery on a 2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow in Atlas Blue. Found a dealer out in the country with one in stock still with 3k miles, but untitled and still considered new. MSRP was 79k excluding destination & delivery. Got it negotiated down to 65k, which is an amazing deal. Dealer was 150 miles away and he delivered it to me for no charge. Best dealer experience I have ever had.

This is my first EV. Came from a 2013 Camaro ZL1 and a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I get to keep the high performance of the ZL1 and the cargo capacity of the Jeep, so I am really happy with the truck so far. This community is great and I'm happy to join.
Sponsored

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2023 F150 Lightning XLT -Ordered 10/3/23
Hi all, I’m not a Lightning owner, yet. I was just about ready to pull the trigger. It found out that that the $7500 rebate isn’t point of sale until, so now I wait until closer to 2024 to order - or find one on the lot.

I currently have a Mustang Mach-E, so not entirely new to the world of Ford EVs. I’ve always wanted a pickup, 20 years ago I test drove a Ram 1500 and was scared off by the size. Last week I was on a trip and the rental was an F150 and after driving that a few days, I’m ready. I really like my MME, and that’s giving me some pause but I think it’s time. I'm going to wait until 2024 so that I get the federal rebate at point of sale, so for now I'm just browsing the site and will get myself ready!

Last edited:

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Hi all, I have been lurking on the forum for awhile but now it is time to ”go live” because this beauty is in my driveway! It is a Lariat Standard Range that had been teasing me on the lot for almost two months, every time that I drove by it was still there, and the dealer was actually marking it down a little. We spent a while negotiating back and forth and were not getting anywhere (I wanted to see an XLT ER but even now have yet to sight one) and then Ford dropped the price by over $7K and *poof* all the Lariat SRs around here disappeared. The salesman showed me a text from another dealership asking for this one as a dealer trade while we were negotiating, I didn’t really totally believe him but for sure neither dealership has any Lightnings on the lot now.

I think ”Thor” looks really sharp in the Silver, which I think is about the best color for the Lightning. We traded in a Lariat EcoBoost and I would say that the driving experience of the Lightning is far superior. I have experience with smaller, more efficient EVs (e-Golf and Kia Ev6) so this is going to be a bit of a learning curve but the feeling of gliding this giant truck along the streets silently just cannot be beat.

Ford F-150 Lightning Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!! IMG_3331

hound

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 2.7 Ecoboost / many 05-07 Superduty 6.0s
Occupation
Contractor
I’m on the fence! Joined the forum to help push me one way or another.

Seems like I’ve been on every kind of waitlist. Also seems like I had an order in I didn’t know about. Much to my surprise, the dealer called last week and told me my loaded Lariat is ready.

i didn’t have much luck with Sunrun previously on the solar and charger side previously. (I find it odd that I need to take delivery on order to get a charger installed).

Unfortunately I’m most likely the opposite of the ideal driver. I never use the truck, but when I do it’s often towing heavy and staying on the road for days at a time with critical marks to hit. I don’t think searching for chargers is going to work out for me.

80% chance I’m leaving it on the lot.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I’m on the fence! Joined the forum to help push me one way or another.

Seems like I’ve been on every kind of waitlist. Also seems like I had an order in I didn’t know about. Much to my surprise, the dealer called last week and told me my loaded Lariat is ready.

i didn’t have much luck with Sunrun previously on the solar and charger side previously. (I find it odd that I need to take delivery on order to get a charger installed).

Unfortunately I’m most likely the opposite of the ideal driver. I never use the truck, but when I do it’s often towing heavy and staying on the road for days at a time with critical marks to hit. I don’t think searching for chargers is going to work out for me.

80% chance I’m leaving it on the lot.
You're probably making the right choice, it's going to be a couple generations before heavy duty F250 F350 class BEV's might be a thing and be capable of doing what you need it to do.

Sponsored

hound

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 2.7 Ecoboost / many 05-07 Superduty 6.0s
Occupation
Contractor
I’ve sized down
You're probably making the right choice, it's going to be a couple generations before heavy duty F250 F350 class BEV's might be a thing and be capable of doing what you need it to do.
Yeah; That’ll be interesting to see; not sure the physics works with 250/350 unless the charging network is REALLY robust too.

I’ve sized down from the diesels. The 150s REALLY impress me. I’ve burned the transmissions out at 100,000 and traded them in but I liked my 3.5L as much as my 6.0 frankly. The fuel and vehicle cost make up for the short tranny life. (It’s all East Coast flat/city/interstate towing). I’m just freaked about the range. When towing, the 2.7 150 goes from 24mpg to 12-13 and the 3.5 from 19 to 15-16. I have a 2020 2.7 now with 90k miles and I can tell the transmission is grunting a bit.

I’m thinking the Lightning is gonna be 300 in range down to 100 in the cold. How do I deal with that! Although it’s a good excuse to keep a project 250 in the back yard for when I need to tow. My wife likes those. I want the Lightning because it’s just awesome. I’ll admit it.

Txnx

First Name
Watkins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150
Occupation
Attorney
FLF is officially launched!! Welcome all!

Whether you're a new or veteran member, please stop in to say hello and introduce yourselves to the FLF community! 🤝👊
Hello
Just wanted to peak in and introduce myself. Been a pleasure lurking through the forums while I was doing research, looking forward to all discussion and learning here. Cheers!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi all, I have been lurking on the forum for awhile but now it is time to ”go live” because this beauty is in my driveway! It is a Lariat Standard Range that had been teasing me on the lot for almost two months, every time that I drove by it was still there, and the dealer was actually marking it down a little. We spent a while negotiating back and forth and were not getting anywhere (I wanted to see an XLT ER but even now have yet to sight one) and then Ford dropped the price by over $7K and *poof* all the Lariat SRs around here disappeared. The salesman showed me a text from another dealership asking for this one as a dealer trade while we were negotiating, I didn’t really totally believe him but for sure neither dealership has any Lightnings on the lot now.

I think ”Thor” looks really sharp in the Silver, which I think is about the best color for the Lightning. We traded in a Lariat EcoBoost and I would say that the driving experience of the Lightning is far superior. I have experience with smaller, more efficient EVs (e-Golf and Kia Ev6) so this is going to be a bit of a learning curve but the feeling of gliding this giant truck along the streets silently just cannot be beat.

IMG_3331.jpeg
Great pics, congrats on your new ride! 🤩Thank you for sharing and for being part of the Ford family!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello
Just wanted to peak in and introduce myself. Been a pleasure lurking through the forums while I was doing research, looking forward to all discussion and learning here. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum, Watkins! We're very happy you're here! 😊

mikenky

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 tesla model y and 16 chevy volt
Occupation
retired
I m not an owner yet-but i want to be. I m worried about road tripping. I m waiting on the tesla charging adapter. whats the hold up on ford getting it ? ?

Sponsored

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
The Tesla network (or the adaptors to access it) won't be available until next spring.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm Scott, and I picked up a Carbonized Gray Lariat ER on Monday. It's replacing a a 2007 Lariat that served me quite well. Looking forward to catching up on all the new tech these trucks are capable of - as a lot has changed in 16 years.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm Scott, and I picked up a Carbonized Gray Lariat ER on Monday. It's replacing a a 2007 Lariat that served me quite well. Looking forward to catching up on all the new tech these trucks are capable of - as a lot has changed in 16 years.
Welcome Scott! Congrats on your new ride! 🤩

Biggerfish

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Business owner
Hello. My name is Brian, and I will be picking up my 23 Lightning Pro tomorrow. I live on an island in Washington state with what I believe are the highest gas prices in the country. I have a small boat on a trailer, and will have mostly short trips, with the exception of one or two drives to the coast for fishing, so the Lightn feels like it will be perfect in my situation. As this is my first full EV, (we just bought a Honda CRV hybrid we love), this forum is an amazing source of information and I’m looking forward to learning from the community. Thanks.

Electronic

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, BMW 530i
Occupation
Engineer
Hello all, I am Frank, a proud new owner of a Lightning Lariat (darn it, I should have used that as my username!, probably already taken). Still figuring out the basics. First time charged at Electrify America, had to pay for it even though I am supposed to get 240kWh for free. Even that did not work first 3 attempts! I was so relieved I was able to put in about 100miles more. I have so much to figure out, I will be doing a lot of searches on this forum.
Sponsored