First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I often get the same black screen on my 2022 XLT Lightning. Sometimes it restarts after a few minutes- other times not until I power down and then start again.

My phone used to always work on Bluetooth with this truck it now has issues about 25% of the time where the phone answers but I can't hear anything through the truck speakers- have to turn off the audio and talk on my phone directly. This is the same phone I've had since I got my truck in September 2022. Pixel 5A phone works every time with my Ioniq 6.
Had the same audio issues with my Iphone. The quickest fix I have found is to cycle the wifi on the phone. This will cause a resync with the truck and all is good again. Found the problem comes is clusters. Will happen 4 to 5 times in a week, then will not have a problem for a month or better.
Sponsored

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
Had the same audio issues with my Iphone. The quickest fix I have found is to cycle the wifi on the phone. This will cause a resync with the truck and all is good again. Found the problem comes is clusters. Will happen 4 to 5 times in a week, then will not have a problem for a month or better.
Thanks for letting me know- I'll try that- I have the same frequency of occurrence but don't remember it at all for the first 18 months I owned my truck.

DJSJOEKS

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariet ER Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
Every now and then when I start my 2023 Lariat the instrument screen (behind the steering wheel) will boot up normally, but the 15” center console display shows no signs of life and remains blank for as long as 2-3 minutes before booting up. It’s not a crisis, the truck operates normally otherwise, but it means I have no cameras, nav, or radio or other controls for a while. Am I alone in this experience? Is there a remedy? Thank you in advance.
I have a 22 Lariet and this happens to me also. I usually just ignore it and it starts working. Never taken it to my dealer due to the non repeatability.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Not alone, I also experience this from time to time on my 22 lariat.
Same, probably once a week. Only sucks when I'm trying to reverse right away and have to resort to looking over my shoulder to see behind me. Good practice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Same, probably once a week. Only sucks when I'm trying to reverse right away and have to resort to looking over my shoulder to see behind me. Good practice.
Not having the back-up camera is definitely a first world problem. It feels like a big deal until you remember that the solution is sitting on your shoulders. We get spoiled fast.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello, I would be happy to see if I can assist you with your screen concerns. Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage?

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
My '22 does the same thing. It had gotten better, but I feel like the updates that were pushed earlier this year just made it worse.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My '22 does the same thing. It had gotten better, but I feel like the updates that were pushed earlier this year just made it worse.
Good morning, Amanda! I would be glad to help you out with this screen concern should you need further assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!
Sponsored