• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seven General Gripes - Infotainment, Reverse Sensors, Remote Start, Accessory Locks, Driver Seat Spring, DC Fast Charging Adapter, Sunrun Solar Kaput

ethquake

First Name
ethquake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
1. Infotainment - The inability to use the transport mechanism when listening to music on a USB stick is extremely annoying. It's not a real safety issue because using the climate controls in this EV truck is far more dangerous than skipping through tracks on a USB stick.

2. Reverse sensors - Maybe it's the near triple-digit heat outside, but the sensors on one side of the truck light up and beep at me even if there's nothing outside to hit. This is extremely annoying and must be fixed.

3. The remote start died, along with reporting mileage, battery level, or any useful vehicle data back to the Ford Pass app. This took over 100 days to properly diagnose and fix. It also turns turns out ford would rather pay to tow a 7,000-pound vehicle to your home to retrieve the key fob than just drive you home to retrieve it. Why did I need to have the vehicle towed in the first place? I was using phone as a key when a Ford adviser asked me to reset the app, which wiped out my phone as a key and left me stranded 30 miles from home on a 109-Fahrenheit day in the middle of summer.

4. When the dealer sold me my truck, they did not offer any accessory locks of any kind. The other day, someone was trying to lift my truck to steal the 20-inch alloy Factory alloy wheels that came with the lariat model. They already had the spare wheel (also no lock) on the ground and a getaway truck waiting. Another punk was trying to pry the tailgate open (also no lock and didn't even realize it was an option).

5. Heard a pop on the driver seat the other day like a spring snapping. Now I have no support in the "tailbone" area, but Ford claims there's nothing wrong with the seat, even though I no longer have lower back/tailbone support.

6. DC Fast Charging “Complimentary” adapter was ordered back in February, then it got delayed from April, to June, to September, to god knows when.

7. Sunrun installation is a disaster because they refuse to install it in my area. They were willing to sell the inverter before they went belly up and no longer will offer any type of support for AZ. They folded their business and no longer have any office in AZ. Think about how absurd that is: a solar company that CAN’T do business in AZ of all places.

I'm putting these here to see if anyone else if experiencing these annoying nags. I love the truck to death, but these nags do add up
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You might want to read before posting, much of what you posted is well known, yes.