• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Had my electrician install the FCSP with a small sub panel and 14-50 receptacle, all feeding into a 200 amp main panel 90' away.

Spring project will be to paint the garage and have the floor epoxy coated.
Ford F-150 Lightning Show me your Ford Charge Station Pro installs Ford Charge Station Pro (1) Install 3-4-23

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
What a conundrum. I had a solar master electrician by today. A little baffled by the quick install instructions. Called Sunrun. They were useless. Got transferred 4 times. Why would Ford join with stupidity? I guess stupid is as stupid does. Tried to call AAEsolar, of course, their one agent unavailable and leave a message. @Ford Motor Company better step up to this home whole home (partial, based on circuits) bull sheet. Isn’t that your campaign and why I bought instead of Generac?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does the Charge Station Pro by default put out DC when the AC power is cut, or does it have to be configured to do this?
Extra hardware and configurations are required, the FCSP is only the conduit of DC400V from the truck back to the HIS system inverter to generate 240/120v split phase for the house and power emergency backup circuits

Sponsored

LightningDoc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning
I just moved into a rental home. Anyone installed a charger on a stand or other device that’s not fixed directly to the home?

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
A. FCSP on right (100A circuit). B. 240V NEMA plug (50 A circuit) for 2nd EV or visitor EV on left (love a bungie cord...). C. Middle plug is 30 A, for a generator-type 4 twist plug cord to allow 240V Lightning bed receptacle or other generator to charge home battery, if needed. (yeah, not as efficient as direct to home panel but avoids the whole bonded neutral issue...)

Ford F-150 Lightning Show me your Ford Charge Station Pro installs IMG_2330

Why receptacle "C", you ask? The Ford Home Integration System just didn't do everything I wanted so I have a custom EG4, 14 kW Li-IP Home battery/inverter system is charged by Grid or solar panels. The home battery automatically supplies home power (1) temporarily, every day/night when no sunlight - BUT just down to 85% SOC [when Grid is "up" – SOC limit is adjustable] or (2) if Grid is down [battery will continue recharging via solar panels or Lightning]. Yellow box on left is charger for battery from truck, if needed (plug "C" in garage). When grid is up, and there's sunlight, and home battery SOC is < 85%, the solar panels charge battery and excess electrons sold to utility (they pay me less than what they charge me 🏴‍☠️). Don't ask what this system cost me - too much, really, but I had to treat myself when I retired.
Ford F-150 Lightning Show me your Ford Charge Station Pro installs IMG_2336

Warning - the following is at your own risk, and may void FCSP warranty. Of course, smashing the FCSP in frustration, with a hammer, also voids the warranty but whatever.
The FCSP is definitely not the most user-friendly EVSE, for sure, especially since FordPass (maybe someday?) doesn't allow easy adjustment of charging Amps - you must access the settings directly on circuit board by removing outer cover (that's easy by hand) AND grumble, grumble ... you need to unscrew many Torx screws for inner cover. Amazing how many screws fall and bounce under stuff 🤬. Not my original idea, but modifying the inner cover with a hole saw (after removing inner cover 😱) lets you Reset or switch Amps (IDK, is it a Pot or DIP?) by simply snapping off outer cover. (probably don't do this if installing it outside 🌧). If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen a different EVSE :

Ford F-150 Lightning Show me your Ford Charge Station Pro installs IMG_2335

Ford F-150 Lightning Show me your Ford Charge Station Pro installs IMG_2336

Last edited:

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
C. Middle plug is 30 A, for a generator-type 4 twist plug cord to allow 240V Lightning bed receptacle or other generator to charge home battery, if needed. (yeah, not as efficient as direct to home panel but avoids the whole bonded neutral issue...)... Yellow box on left is charger for battery from truck, if needed (plug "C" in garage).
This also mitigates the fact that some things do not like the inverter output. There numerous LED bulbs in my house that blink or don't work at all when using the Pro Power. None are a big deal to me in a power outage, but it's a thing. By using the ProPower to charge the powerwall, that would not be an issue at all.

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
40A 240V Charpoint+ in the Garage but FCSP (80A 240V) like my Lightning lives outside :)

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg
This mostly like what I will be doing with mine. I’d the post just a 4x4?

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
A. FCSP on right (100A circuit). B. 240V NEMA plug (50 A circuit) for 2nd EV or visitor EV on left (love a bungie cord...). C. Middle plug is 30 A, for a generator-type 4 twist plug cord to allow 240V Lightning bed receptacle or other generator to charge home battery, if needed. (yeah, not as efficient as direct to home panel but avoids the whole bonded neutral issue...)

IMG_2330.jpeg

Why receptacle "C", you ask? The Ford Home Integration System just didn't do everything I wanted so I have a custom EG4, 14 kW Li-IP Home battery/inverter system is charged by Grid or solar panels. The home battery automatically supplies home power (1) temporarily, every day/night when no sunlight - BUT just down to 85% SOC [when Grid is "up" – SOC limit is adjustable] or (2) if Grid is down [battery will continue recharging via solar panels or Lightning]. Yellow box on left is charger for battery from truck, if needed (plug "C" in garage). When grid is up, and there's sunlight, and home battery SOC is < 85%, the solar panels charge battery and excess electrons sold to utility (they pay me less than what they charge me 🏴‍☠️). Don't ask what this system cost me - too much, really, but I had to treat myself when I retired.
IMG_2336.jpeg

Warning - the following is at your own risk, and may void FCSP warranty. Of course, smashing the FCSP in frustration, with a hammer, also voids the warranty but whatever.
The FCSP is definitely not the most user-friendly EVSE, for sure, especially since FordPass (maybe someday?) doesn't allow easy adjustment of charging Amps - you must access the settings directly on circuit board by removing outer cover (that's easy by hand) AND grumble, grumble ... you need to unscrew many Torx screws for inner cover. Amazing how many screws fall and bounce under stuff 🤬. Not my original idea, but modifying the inner cover with a hole saw (after removing inner cover 😱) lets you Reset or switch Amps (IDK, is it a Pot or DIP?) by simply snapping off outer cover. (probably don't do this if installing it outside 🌧). If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen a different EVSE :

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg
I have found that 4 of those 9 screws hold everything in place just fine. (In door installation.)

Still a pain in the butt if you need access the inners for any reason.
Sponsored