• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sirius glitches

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
All - I generally love SiriusXM and am glad to have it on my 23 Lariat. But two things bug me and I wonder if I’m alone in the experiences. First, it can take some time for the channels to load after turning on the truck’s power. It’s usually 60-90 seconds of “updating” every time I turn on the truck. Second, one of my favorite preset channels has to restored as a preset every time I turn the truck on. It’s channel 711 (Tom Petty Deep Tracks). Every time I start the truck, that channel is shown as unavailable. I remedy the problem by manually entering the channel number. This is definitely a first world problem, but it is irritating. Does anyone have any insight or advice about fixes? Thank you.
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Def experience the delays, but no issues with channels disappearing. not sure if anything can be done other than wait for updates...lol
I got another sirius xm FWP. the score bugs for the dash and the big screen on baseball games are from different feeds somehow and are out of sync with the actual game audio so scores get spoiled before I hear the play happen!! The 'spoiler scoreboard' is more than 1 minute ahead of the audio! I believe it is because the spoiler one is coming from an actual sat feed and the game audio is streaming over lte and way behind. thought i was paying for sat radio!? prob will cancel after this cheap year promo is done.
think the implementation of this 'app' was pretty slapdash.

OP
OP
Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Def experience the delays, but no issues with channels disappearing. not sure if anything can be done other than wait for updates...lol
I got another sirius xm FWP. the score bugs for the dash and the big screen on baseball games are from different feeds somehow and are out of sync with the actual game audio so scores get spoiled before I hear the play happen!! The 'spoiler scoreboard' is more than 1 minute ahead of the audio! I believe it is because the spoiler one is coming from an actual sat feed and the game audio is streaming over lte and way behind. thought i was paying for sat radio!? prob will cancel after this cheap year promo is done.
think the implementation of this 'app' was pretty slapdash.
Thanks for the feedback and good luck with the time travel!

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
Only issue I have with Sirius is the fact that if I’m stopped or parked with the truck on it will cut out and I have to go open the radio app to get it to play again, it’ll do it multiple times even when I’m in a parking lot with clear sky above me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Only issue I have with Sirius is the fact that if I’m stopped or parked with the truck on it will cut out and I have to go open the radio app to get it to play again, it’ll do it multiple times even when I’m in a parking lot with clear sky above me.
That can’t be a design spec! Sounds like an antenna issue. Good luck resolving it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've always had a delay in the Sirius system loading after startup, worse so are certain channels that are internet/app based like 602 (Holiday Traditions) that always takes longer to load than lower digit satellite channels.

OP
OP
Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
I've always had a delay in the Sirius system loading after startup, worse so are certain channels that are internet/app based like 602 (Holiday Traditions) that always takes longer to load than lower digit satellite channels.
Thanks. If it’s happening to you, I don’t feel like I’ve been uniquely unlucky.
Sponsored