• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Software Updates - Lightning

KELLIH65

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Occupation
CAD/GIS tech
I finally was successful with a large update 6.5.0. I looked at some online videos and sure enough my 12V battery wasn't charged enough. Fortunately. I have a trickle charger, but unfortunately it requires removing the left frunk panel with 10 clips! Yes, two clips were bad and with my luck they broke completely. My battery was down to 60% perhaps because i had attempted the updates a few times. The next morning my battery was full and i manually updated. 15 min later it had gone through (yea!) and the panel seated back ok too (yea!). Observation about taking to the Dealership over a prior update is they keep your vehicle all day because of the time it takes to charge your battery - they may had compromised some clips then?
Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Almost all of my software update issues were due to 12v issues, either actual battery issues or the faulty pre-recall BMS sensors. You don’t need to remove the frunk side panel, by the way. Check out the picture in post one in this thread which shows you where to connect directly to the battery terminals.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/charging-12v-battery.16979/

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I was getting updates pretty regularly a few months ago but I haven't gotten anything since June 24th when it did the ECG-24.2.4.9 update. I've had the update ready symbol pop up on my screen multiple times since then, but nothing ever seems to happen afterwards.

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
I finally was successful with a large update 6.5.0. I looked at some online videos and sure enough my 12V battery wasn't charged enough. Fortunately. I have a trickle charger, but unfortunately it requires removing the left frunk panel with 10 clips! Yes, two clips were bad and with my luck they broke completely. My battery was down to 60% perhaps because i had attempted the updates a few times. The next morning my battery was full and i manually updated. 15 min later it had gone through (yea!) and the panel seated back ok too (yea!). Observation about taking to the Dealership over a prior update is they keep your vehicle all day because of the time it takes to charge your battery - they may had compromised some clips then?
Glad for your post, as I have an scheduled appointment at the dealer on Monday to do some kind of software update (recall), see below.
I'm going to make sure my LVB is fully charged over the weekend...

"Hi Marcello R, this is the service team from your Ford dealer. Per a safety recall, your 2022 Ford F-150 may have SYNC software issues, potentially disabling the electronic stability control (ESC), increasing the risk of a crash
It is really important to get this fixed and our team can do this for you at no charge. We have limited availability over the next few weeks, when are you available for an appointment?"

Last edited by a moderator:

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
If you don't have a trickle charger suitable for an AGM battery, you can charge up the 12v battery by leaving the truck on and plugged in to the FCSP (Ford Charge Station Pro) for several hours as noted by some others on the forum.

I left mine on and locked from 10pm to 8:20am, while charging the HVB up to 90%, and then reset the update to begin a few minutes later (after 8:20am). I shut off any LV battery using accessories and lights as well during the charging. Also shut off ProPower On-board.

If your battery is not too far discharged, some say driving around for 1/2-1 hour will top it off, but that didn't work for me.

I had the battery monitor sensor replaced per Customer Satisfaction Program 23B70 (as well as the 23B57 software update) before the above. Not sure if that makes any difference because before replacement of the BMS I got an update - it may not have been the kind that requires the LV to be above 85% though.
Sponsored