• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON, FORD TO REWARD ELECTRIC VEHICLE OWNERS WHO SUPPORT THE GRID

SEP 10, 2024 | DEARBORN, MICH.

Ford F-150 Lightning Southern California Edison, Ford to Reward Electric Vehicle Owners Who Support The Grid 1725992493346-

Today, Ford became the first automaker to participate in a new program that offers Southern California electric vehicle customers compensation for reducing their home energy use during times when the electric grid is most strained. Ford's California Power Response program, offered in partnership with Olivine ClimateResponse® VPP, allows Ford customers to further realize the benefits of driving electric and the value an electric vehicle lifestyle can bring.

Besides benefitting from easy and convenient home charging, Ford customers can now enroll to receive financial benefits by allowing Ford to automatically pause their electric vehicle charging during peak demand periods, with the ability to override the pause if they need to charge sooner. Customers will earn $1/kWh of energy reduced during the peak demand events. To register, eligible customers can follow instructions on the following link.

For more information on the collaboration and program, please see Southern California Edison's press release here.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I jut signed up. Sounds similar to Teslas virtual power for Solar.
I signed up also. I assume you need a Ford EVSE or any Bi-directional EVSE but all they say is have your home location saved. My EVSE is a Emporia and its not Bi-directional?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I signed up also. I assume you need a Ford EVSE or any Bi-directional EVSE but all they say is have your home location saved. My EVSE is a Emporia and its not Bi-directional?
I suspect this is only for demand management, i.e. they suspend your charging when there is a high potential for brownouts or to lesser degree extremely high demand.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
I suspect this is only for demand management, i.e. they suspend your charging when there is a high potential for brownouts or to lesser degree extremely high demand.
Yeah sounds exactly like the programs where you signup with a connected thermostat and you give them the right to increase the AC temp setting during high demand periods….

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
In that case this wouldn't do me any good as I normally only charge late night.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
I jut signed up. Sounds similar to Teslas virtual power for Solar.
I have charge history save in the app and I have completed a charge and it still says.

Please Plug in Your Vehicle at a Charge Location in your Utility service territory

We don’t see any recent charging locations in the area in your charging history. Please complete a charging session at home (plug in and plug out) and then return to enrollment to complete your application.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Seems like a really good idea would be to have a program and supporting hardware that would tell the truck to charge the house under certain conditions other than a complete loss of grid power. So the home owner plugs the truck in every day and the grid provider enables the flow of power from the truck to house as needed. The utility provider would just compensate the owner accordingly

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Seems like a really good idea would be to have a program and supporting hardware that would tell the truck to charge the house under certain conditions other than a complete loss of grid power. So the home owner plugs the truck in every day and the grid provider enables the flow of power from the truck to house as needed. The utility provider would just compensate the owner accordingly
If one can get a working example of the Home Integration System, that would be the next step in "Grid Support" relieving burden of the house loads from the public grid.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
My home charge location is listed a block away from my house so I think that's why it's not seeing my charge location. I am doing this in the garage so I will try again today and park outside while charging.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My home charge location is listed a block away from my house so I think that's why it's not seeing my charge location. I am doing this in the garage so I will try again today and park outside while charging.
I've always recommended allowing Sync to use GPS coordinates regardless of of what it thinks is my neighbors address, now I'm wondering if this disparity could impact what your experience, ironically if you designated the formal address of your electric service, would the Sync system determine that you've reached the [HOME] charging location as observed by GPS?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
If one can get a working example of the Home Integration System, that would be the next step in "Grid Support" relieving burden of the house loads from the public grid.
Yeah, too many cooks the kitchen at the moment and without a unifying body, it's going to be Beta Max vs VHS, CDMA vs GSM etc etc. It's a good thing the government didn't leave an electrical standard up to each company making equipment, we'd still be using manual typewriters!

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
IMO perhaps building a power transmission and distribution grid in California that isn't complete trash would be a better solution? Then maybe we wouldn't need to use the family car to power the house in order to prevent half the state from burning down every year.
Sponsored