Stock headlight beam height?

BMac1203

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Apologies as this has probably been asked many times before, but my search didn’t find it:

Just had my 22 Lariat ER leveled (2” ReadyLift pucks) and forgot to measure beam height before install.

IIRC you measure at 15’ away on a level surface, but what should I be shooting for?

TIA
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Measure from the center of the projector to the ground. Take that measurement and subtract 2 inches. At 25 feet, put a piece of tape on a wall at the height you calculated. Make sure the ground is level. Adjust the beam to the tape.

With a level, you may need to adjust it down a tad. Just pay attention to where your beams are on other vehicles. And if somebody flashes you, it's obviously too high.

OP
OP

BMac1203

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Measure from the center of the projector to the ground. Take that measurement and subtract 2 inches. At 25 feet, put a piece of tape on a wall at the height you calculated. Make sure the ground is level. Adjust the beam to the tape.

With a level, you may need to adjust it down a tad. Just pay attention to where your beams are on other vehicles. And if somebody flashes you, it's obviously too high.
Thank you!
Sponsored