OP

Akemisdad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
The truck is 76” tall. I go through a 78” opening every day…

The whip antenna will hit, and it will freak you out. The solution there is an antenna delete or stubby.

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg
Super helpful.. I don't know why I didn't think to do this in my garage.. as the truck clears there, although I'm at 82" at home. The diff is around 5"... I spoke to the office garage and they are giving me access to another level that has a 6'8" clearance so I'll give that a go.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Super helpful.. I don't know why I didn't think to do this in my garage.. as the truck clears there, although I'm at 82" at home. The diff is around 5"... I spoke to the office garage and they are giving me access to another level that has a 6'8" clearance so I'll give that a go.
Yup that’s the easiest way to measure. The black humps are the highest point outside of the antenna.

I don’t hesitate to pull in if I have 6’7” of clearance according to the garage. I don’t usually go under that even though the truck technically fits.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I have the same situation with the garage door at my office being 6' 4" or 76". When i got my truck i measured it from the ground to the top of the satellite sensors. It is 78 and 1/8" tall. This dimension matches closely to the 2022 lightning spec sheet which shows the cab height to be 78.3 " which is attached.

I was able to swap my indoor parking spot for an outdoor spot which was the safest choice. Note I have a Platinum with 22" wheels on it.

Attachments

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I parked in a 6'10" underground garage. Had a spotter. The corners were too tight and the garage was actually 6'8" or less.

Never assume the measurements are correct.
Sponsored