• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stuttering at 47-52mph

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with stuttering/vibration concern when loaded should you need further assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
It is interesting that it seems most (perhaps all?) of us that are experiencing this issue have a cap on the truck. I do believe this issue started after I put it on.
I have the issue but no cap. I have a sturdy Diamondback HD cover on the back that probably weighs in the neighbourhood of 140 lbs.

OP
OP

Kolo rovno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Pro SSV
Checking in to see if anyone has any updates on this issue? I unfortunately don’t have anything yet.

The more I consider this issue, it really seems to be powertrain thing, particularly with regards to power distribution between the motors that seems to be exacerbated with additional weight (whether it be a cap or towing). The reason I say this is because there is a noticeable difference in how much I feel the vibration between normal and sport mode. The latter, I think, changes power distribution to some extent perhaps compensating for the power imbalance. Also, consider that the Volvo XC40 recharge had a vibration issue at low speeds with the 24 model year because they changed to a more powerful rear motor and less powerful front motor (as opposed to equal motors on prior model years). This was fixed with a software update, likely that changed power distribution between motors under different conditions. Anyway, if this is the case, it makes me hopeful that it could be fixed through a software update in the Lightning as well. What makes me less hopeful is that I’m not sure that dealers will work to identify the source of this issue, since many don’t really seem invested in the Lightning. I guess I’ll just keep driving mostly in sport mode in the meantime…

Ddefazio

First Name
David DeFazio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have this issue, no cap. I have posted previously, that it seems to be more noticeable when I have cargo/weight in the bed.
I thought it maybe tire balance, I recently purchased new tires. (Orignals wore out @30k, but that's another issue).
The vibration is still there but much less noticeable.
I DMed a Ford rep on this forum. Sent vin# etc.
They said they would work with my dealer. But I have not heard anything back in a few months.

Sponsored

Maple_Moose_14

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Flash 2024
I've started noticing this as well , I'm in Canada 2024 Flash with less than 2500 KM on it (1500 miles).

I've only had it for 3 weeks not sure what to do. Seems better in sports mode , but at certain speeds it feels like I'm driving one of those cars with hydrolics that bounce on purpose.

Rest of the time smooth with no issues.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this issue, no cap. I have posted previously, that it seems to be more noticeable when I have cargo/weight in the bed.
I thought it maybe tire balance, I recently purchased new tires. (Orignals wore out @30k, but that's another issue).
The vibration is still there but much less noticeable.
I DMed a Ford rep on this forum. Sent vin# etc.
They said they would work with my dealer. But I have not heard anything back in a few months.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

OP
OP

Kolo rovno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting Pro SSV
I've started noticing this as well , I'm in Canada 2024 Flash with less than 2500 KM on it (1500 miles).

I've only had it for 3 weeks not sure what to do. Seems better in sports mode , but at certain speeds it feels like I'm driving one of those cars with hydrolics that bounce on purpose.

Rest of the time smooth with no issues.
Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue with such a new truck. Do you also have a cap or any constant weight in the back?

Maple_Moose_14

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Flash 2024
Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue with such a new truck. Do you also have a cap or any constant weight in the back?
I have the tri-fold tonneau hard cover from Ford , almost no weight in the bed (some kitty litter LOL).
Sponsored