• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync screen clock won't keep accurate time.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I have it set to automatically sync correct time but just a few days later, the clock is off by seconds. After a couple weeks, it's off by almost a minute. This is driving me crazy as I like to see the exact time when I look at my time pieces. My Kenwood clock in my old truck was always within a second accurate and it was Ota updated like the Ford system. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
This should be set to your network time if the automatic sync switch is on.

First, Turn the automatic sync switch OFF, then back ON 30 seconds later (it may just be hung up on the switch state due to one of the updates and this should correct it). If your clock is off, it should reset within a few minutes if working.

Second, verify you can access your truck through the app when not standing next to it (ie. lock/unlock your truck remotely like from inside your house) or that you are getting updates regularly by checking your app messages - This will verify the modem is operating. If not, this may need to be reset (a common problem up to earlier this year). If your modem doesn't appear to be working, pull fuse #32 for a couple of minutes and reinsert it. This should restart your modem.

Third, your sync may be hung up. Try restarting the Sync system by holding the volume down and the skip right buttons on the steering wheel control for about 10-15 seconds. You'll see the screen shut down and restart (This doesn't change any settings, just restarts the Sync system).

Let me know if one of these methods works.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
This should be set to your network time if the automatic sync switch is on.

First, Turn the automatic sync switch OFF, then back ON 30 seconds later (it may just be hung up on the switch state due to one of the updates and this should correct it). If your clock is off, it should reset within a few minutes if working.

Second, verify you can access your truck through the app when not standing next to it (ie. lock/unlock your truck remotely like from inside your house) or that you are getting updates regularly by checking your app messages - This will verify the modem is operating. If not, this may need to be reset (a common problem up to earlier this year). If your modem doesn't appear to be working, pull fuse #32 for a couple of minutes and reinsert it. This should restart your modem.

Third, your sync may be hung up. Try restarting the Sync system by holding the volume down and the skip right buttons on the steering wheel control for about 10-15 seconds. You'll see the screen shut down and restart (This doesn't change any settings, just restarts the Sync system).

Let me know if one of these methods works.
:cool:

Thank you for this. I will try this tonight and report back.
Sponsored