• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tailgate beeping at me when it's button is pressed

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Fellas, anyone have this issue. When I have the tailgate down, and press it's button (the actual rubber button on the tailgate), it just beeps at me. It used to go up?? When I do the lift and drop, it does nothing, just falls back down. Anyone else experience this? It goes up just fine with the remote and with the button in the cab.
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I haven’t researched the manual on this, but yes…it happens to me sometimes...usually after the truck has been sitting idle and OFF for a while (maybe it has gone to “sleep”).

Initially I was concerned, but I find if I pause for a second, and press the tailgate button again, it works as expected…….

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
10-4, will try that next time. thank u for the response!

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Read this in the manual about the lift to close feature...

Lift-to-Close
To close the tailgate automatically using lift-to-close, lift the tailgate approximately 4 in (10 cm) and hold it for a few seconds.

Note: If the tailgate position is more than halfway open, it may not close automatically.

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
I think it may have something to do with the truck going into its “sleep mode” and when you initially press the button this is waking the truck up, then pressing again activates the lift gate. I may be wrong though

OP
OP
kbuicker

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Could very well be! I was unloaded gas cans this wknd, and another time when I was washing the truck. Both times it was down for a good while.
Sponsored