• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Take the "guess" out of the "guess-o-meter"

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'd love to have a MPK for the most recent 15 minutes so that I can combine that with remaining KWH for a realistic DTE.

Sponsored

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I'd love to have a MPK for the most recent 15 minutes so that I can combine that with remaining KWH for a realistic DTE.
Funny - this is exactly what Rivian has on the left side of the dash.

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a log book I keep in the console. I record long trips and monthly data. I don't have temperature in the log, but I can look up the historical data if I need.

This should all just be default as part of the app, but oh well.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I found this link https://lightningcalcs.pages.dev/ in another thread. I think the author of the page isinvertedspear.

Correct me if I have the Citation Wrong.

You could easily wrap this into an iPhone app and make some money.
Yup, It's me and mine, I'm still working on it and adding features all the time. The only way to make money on it is to charge for the app (who's going to pay?) or to run ads, which I'm kind of against and besides, I've only had 430 visits (probably 10% is me) over the 2 weeks since I launched it. Ad revenue for that would be pretty low.

It's something I'm building for myself to have and to exercise my coding skills that have atrophied since I joined management. I'm happy to share it with everyone here because this forum kept me sane awaiting my truck build, especially after Reddit shot themselves in the foot and I dumped that site entirely.

Maybe someday it'll be worthy of making some cash.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
They need to show the actual KW's left in the battery. The output to the dash and screen reaaalllly sucks.
Yeah, there are a number of data points that I wish were reported by the Lightning, and actual kWs remaining in the battery is one of them. Another: The charge rate in kWs being requested by the vehicle and the actual amount being supplied by the DCFC charger. Knowing this would help expose EA's constant excuse (or more bluntly, the lie) that its low charging rates are the fault of the vehicle. But I am not holding my breath for Ford to supply these numbers and others; heck, I only recently got something as basic as battery SoC in the main instrument display. In general, the legacy auto makers are terrible at software.

Speak of which... I have found that Apple Maps is slightly better (and occasionally much better) at guessing destination SoC than the native nav system. Now, if CarPlay would stop being so flakey...

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2012 Honda Civic
Occupation
Audio Engineer
Yup, It's me and mine, I'm still working on it and adding features all the time. The only way to make money on it is to charge for the app (who's going to pay?) or to run ads, which I'm kind of against and besides, I've only had 430 visits (probably 10% is me) over the 2 weeks since I launched it. Ad revenue for that would be pretty low.
For the current app you could add a "buy me a coffee" button. :cool:

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I was one of the first people to take delivery in Early June 2022. The guess o meter was insanely accurate for the first 6 months. Both around town and on a couple of long 2000 mile road trips at highway speeds. It was fantastic.

Then the social media influencers started to take delivery and they began to complain that the GOM displayed pretty low range numbers on a full charge. And being an accurate GOM, mine did too. Maybe around 200-220 miles for my heavy right foot and a mostly highway commute. But I didn’t care because it was dead accurate. From 90% down to 10, anywhere, it was spot on. Like within 10 miles on a full charge

Because there was so many click bait videos and complaints about the low range, Ford updated the GOM around December 2022 IIRC. Then it became this wildly inflated number that looked good for YouTube videos. But was useless in real life.

So Ford had the software configured properly. But ruined it to appease the influencers.

me and the other early buyers I know, we all dearly miss the first iteration of the GOM
Sponsored

Last edited: