• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Positive Experience Count: (3)

Negative Experience Count: (1)

What made the experience negative? The station was full and had a line. After three interactions with multiple Tesla drivers, I gave up. Although the station was open to non-Tesla, because of the wait, I had two drivers say that "I couldn't charge here" and wouldn't accept that the station was open to non-Teslas.

I finally was able to nose in with the short cables, but needed the Cybertruck next to me to finish so I could use that stall. While I was waiting, another driver was confused about why I wasn't actively charging and wanted to charge. Rather than start an incident, I felt it best to move on to the EA at the other side of the mall.

Luckily, the EA's four stalls were all working, and the drivers were much nicer.

Lesson learned - with the short cables and needing to take up two spaces, I'll try to avoid Tesla when stations are full. Good thing the app tells you!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
I would avoid any SC with a line, since Teslas like to not park next to one another, a legacy of V2 SCs, even a half full site has no CCS charging spots. And I doubt you get any likes for taking a spot and waiting.

You did right to move to the EA but someday that wonā€™t be an option and you will have to take some hate and educate the Teslas on any nearby SCs that they donā€™t have to share.

Reactions: dww

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Hopefully some extension cables will be available that will work with the Tesla SC

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER
My experience with SC is that the end chargers are commonly the first to be taken by T drivers when all are available creating the necessity of taking up 2 SC if theyā€™re not configured for opposite side charging. Iā€™ve never encountered a full site though in about 12 charges with my adapter.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I've had much better experience with Tesla then EA and Chevy Bolt drivers hogging every spot.

Tonight got a great stop, even got some good nature kidding from one owner.

Sponsored

zinkscott

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
I drive between Chicago and Kansas City and Iā€™ve had nothing but good experiences. Mainly, probably, because thereā€™s at most 2 other Teslas charging and of the 3-5 stops there are 8+ chargers (and itā€™s the Midwest). Usually someone will come up to chat about how they heard the Lightning can charge at Tesla stations or general curiosity about the truck and they are always good interactions.

jlcreasy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I travel often between SW Florida and NC. My Tesla supercharger charging experience has been flawless. Tesla owners have been very accommodating. Our favorite stops are Walterboro, SC - Easy access end spots, Daydream Ave, Yulee, FL - Easy access behind Firehouse subs, and Ocala, FL - Wawa station. There are obviously many other options, but these locations fit easily within the Lightning range.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
Iā€™ve had no issues using the A2Z adapter, used it on trips from Dallas to Houston and Dallas to Amarilloā€¦

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
I've had no problems charging at supercharger, only a couple of funny looks. Recently though, even if my one time charge limit is set to 100, the supercharger cuts me off at 90 percent. Really wish there was a way to go to 100, even if there was a surcharge. I like to go places where chargers do not yet exist

ciferguson37733

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
Tesla SC station in Grand Mound WA along I5 has installed front right compatible charge stations - Ford in mind no doubt

Have used the A2Z a few times.
All good.

That said, I did order an extension cable from A2Z in case.

Reactions: N87

Sponsored

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice Blue & 2023 Silver ER Lariat Lightnings
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
Bot A2Z adapter in March as I needed it for several upcoming trips. Have used it a dozen times or so on multiple trips, usually at empty or sparsley used SC's. Last week coming back from Tulsa ran into a full SC & after waiting 2 minutes a Tesla on the end charger disconnected & I pulled up across the curb to plug in. Had a couple of drivers back in only to notice the extended curb. By that time the station had cleared somewhat. Got just enuf to get home. My two Ford adapters now scheduled for September, but at this point I'm wondering WHICH September.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Charging with A2Z Adapter - Positive and Negative Experiences Creative Tesla Charger Parkin

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Charging with A2Z Adapter - Positive and Negative Experiences Creative Tesla Charger Parkin

Sherm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Ranger, '20 Jeep Sahara, '22, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™ve had no issues using the A2Z adapter, used it on trip from Iowa to Canada and back. Three EV skeptics and I were on a fishing trip. No charging at bass camp except 110v. We were there four days and got enough+ charging at 110v to comfortably get back to the nearest Tesla on way home. They are believers now. They really loved the ride. We actually stopped more times than charging called for, rest stops and such. We're old fishermen. Cheers!

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Charging with A2Z Adapter - Positive and Negative Experiences IMG_1184

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Tesla SC station in Grand Mound WA along I5 has installed front right compatible charge stations - Ford in mind no doubt

Have used the A2Z a few times.
All good.

That said, I did order an extension cable from A2Z in case.
You ordered a NACS DC extension cable? I don't see that it is available to order yet from A2Z (It's "coming soon" for a while now). I do see the AC NACS extension... :unsure:

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice Blue & 2023 Silver ER Lariat Lightnings
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
I see you're from Canada - thought only us American's were mad at the world :sadface:. I've used Tesla SC's in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, New Mexico & Texas and not had anything but curiosity questions on the F150, no hostility so far. The two fellows I inconvenienced were good about it, tho empty stall were available. My wife also suggested the pylon addition, mostly as I was sticking out in the driveway.
Sponsored