• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to SoCal

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
My UP railcar arrived in Mira Loma last night. As of this morning it is ā€œConstructively Placedā€.
My UP railcar arrived in Mira Loma last night. As of this morning it is ā€œConstructively Placedā€.
man I have to my adjective game at work. Constructively placed šŸ˜„

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Constructive placement means that the railroad was ready to place the car for unloading for the customer, but did not actually place it. It starts the clock on a grace period to unload the car.

In practice, large customers handle their own car placement, and it means that it's out of the railroad's hands and the customer is probably unloading the auto racks normally.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Constructive placement means that the railroad was ready to place the car for unloading for the customer, but did not actually place it. It starts the clock on a grace period to unload the car.

In practice, large customers handle their own car placement, and it means that it's out of the railroad's hands and the customer is probably unloading the auto racks normally.
Ah, so they got the rail car there , now get someone here to unload it.

Sponsored

uwquigman

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Me neither. Which dealer are you using? Iā€™m robins ford in Costa Mesa. I guess they got the first lightning in california.
Yeah Iā€™m at RAncho Santa Margarita ford. I heard they got another lightning in on a Thursday.

Sponsored

BlueF150Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
Happy I found this forum because Iā€™m in the unique position to see my trucks movements via FordPass. Mine was activated prior to shipping, which began last Wednesday.

Iā€™m in Northern California so as mentioned my truck should head to Richmond, Ca. after Barstow.

Itā€™s confusing to watch, but my truck has only made it to Hammond, IN so far since Wednesday. In fact, itā€™s currently headed further east! Was once as far as Harvey, IL (west of Hammond, IN, south of Chicago), but now going the wrong direction. Hopefully thatā€™s a good thing šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Itā€™s confusing to watch, but my truck has only made it to Hammond, IN so far since Wednesday. In fact, itā€™s currently headed further east! Was once as far as Harvey, IL (west of Hammond, IN, south of Chicago), but now going the wrong direction. Hopefully thatā€™s a good thing šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.
There's a mixing center in Hammond. It will probably loaded onto a bi-level auto rack there.

https://goo.gl/maps/yBnDHWV4XmMJr1KS8

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Happy I found this forum because Iā€™m in the unique position to see my trucks movements via FordPass. Mine was activated prior to shipping, which began last Wednesday.

Iā€™m in Northern California so as mentioned my truck should head to Richmond, Ca. after Barstow.

Yes, mine went in the wrong direction as well. It should go to Blue Island then down to Kansas City. At least that's the path my Rail car took. No it's just been sitting in Emporia.
Sponsored

Last edited: