• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Train ride to SoCal

OnTheGround

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Accord
Im assuming the Railyard is by Petco I can probably go by everyday and RECON 🤣
Two yards in San Diego for auto trains. One in South Bay at the docks (Although I’m pretty sure this one is just where they load up cars coming off the ships), and the other one is by Petco Park. The one by Petco is smaller, but I think it’s where they unload cars coming in before they send them down to South Bay to be loaded. Not 100% sure that’s how it works though and they could be unloaded in South Bay too. The different yards could have more to do with manufacturer and facility needs. So keep an eye on both.

As for the delays in Barstow and other yards…. Huge staffing problems in freight rail right now. Most of the big yards are very congested because they just don’t have enough workers to keep things moving. There’s politics behind that I don’t want to get into so we’ll leave it at that.
Sponsored

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
I’m going off @Emersonsdad post on the MME forums. But I think they don’t come off the trains until San Diego and Richmond.

If the hang ups in Barstow persist, I wonder if there is a possibility of working with dealers to have a private truck transporter pick the trucks up directly in Barstow and have them trucked from there. I’d be willing to pay for that.
NorCal trains unload in Richmond and SoCal trains unload in SD. No option for anywhere else I’m afraid. It is what it is. Barstow is the big unknown. Could be there for a day or a month. Hit me up after this holiday weekend to see if it’s even switched into another train if you’d like.

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Most of the Lightnings, unlike the MMEs, seem to be on trains that run through Barstow without needing to be switched into new trains. Looks like the get put into new trains in Clovis. Which could lessen delay.

Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
NorCal trains unload in Richmond and SoCal trains unload in SD. No option for anywhere else I’m afraid. It is what it is. Barstow is the big unknown. Could be there for a day or a month. Hit me up after this holiday weekend to see if it’s even switched into another train if you’d like.

Railcar TTGX981053 was at Barstow for a couple hours. It’s now in san bernardino

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Train hit San Diego this morning!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got back from hiking the TCT and haven’t checked. This is awesome!!!

Sponsored

KristovM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (coming soon)
The suspense is killing me! Any updates on SD trucks? When I tried to ask my dealer rep I got zero info. I suspect he's tired of me asking. I try to only ask once a week, but somehow always choose his day off?

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
The suspense is killing me! Any updates on SD trucks? When I tried to ask my dealer rep I got zero info. I suspect he's tired of me asking. I try to only ask once a week, but somehow always choose his day off?
I’ve gone from checking train everyday to asking dealer how long it takes to unload a rail car in San Diego. I’m sure they love that.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Oof... Dealer said another month. I was like it's really going to take a month to go from San Digo rail yard to dealership. Then got called back, should be in five days. Have to thank @Emersonsdad and @jredondox for keeping an eye on the railcar (and anyone else). If I didn't have that piece of information I probably would have just accepted the month. Fingers crossed it gets here this week.
Sponsored